Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary $60,938.50
As a member of the Enterprise Applications team, under general supervision, provides software integration and data reporting for the City's software applications. This position will have a solid understanding of report/database/web service development. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze specifications and requirements for system integration and other development projects.
- Responds to information requests by analyzing each request to determine data required; finding the optimum method of extracting and sorting data; and ensuring the output format is best suited to user needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of applications and systems integrations, as well as business processes, user access and permission levels, workflows, data requirements and general best practices; engaging with department stakeholders to identify application and process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate significant proficiency with all phases of software testing including planning and execution.
- Creates and tests SQL stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers
- Works independently to identify and analyze IT operations, prioritize solutions, and assure that enterprise applications are available, reliable, and efficient.
- Manages IT projects for implementation and integration of new technology and system upgrades.
- Prepares detailed program design specifications from which programs are developed and coded to meet complex business needs.
- Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Analyzes and makes changes to the application programs, including development, maintenance, upgrades, installations, user access, second tier assistance, testing and security.
- Identifies problems and diagnoses and troubleshoots operational issues; monitors operational and access trends and enforces security protocols.
- Performs systems maintenance and updates according to IT Department procedures and industry standards.
- Refers complex problems to IT Management and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency or as required.
- Driving is essential.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is required;
- Three years' experience with database development, as well as report development experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening
Physical Demands Medium Work:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Microsoft or other professional IT certifications
- Some incumbents may be required to obtain additional specific skills training and technical certifications.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.