Relocating: Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ *Mohave County Finance Department is currently recruiting for the position of Administration Specialist in Kingman, AZ **Position is Open Until Filled * Administration Specialist
, Range 15 $20.50 - $29.83 May be Underfilled within the Administration Specialist series
Performs advanced professional level work involved in the analysis, review, and document preparation of various tasks. REPORTS TO
Work is performed under the direction or general supervision, depending upon assignment, of a higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
As assigned, may exercise technical, functional or direct supervision of subordinates.Essential Job Functions
As assigned to the Sheriff's Department:
- Gathers and prepares materials for special reports, forms, policy information and summaries upon request.
- Supports and/or assists with accounting methods and internal controls for budget purposes and prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Acts in a supporting capacity to department leadership as facilitator in the implementation of budgetary and financial policies, procedures and systems.
- Assists in the preparation of budget schedules, presentations, hearings, reconciliation and balances detailed data in an automated budget system with departmental budget submissions.
- Monitors and provides quality assurance reviews for information in databases and systems associated with grants.
- As needed prepares documents, recommendations and reports of department programs for presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Assists in the review and revision of program policies to insure compliance with federal and state requirement and insure the effective administration of the department's contracts, grants, programs and projects.
- Assists in the development and preparation of procedures for the administration of grants, contracts and special projects for local, state and federal funding.
- Coordinates and performs a variety of advanced level administrative staff work such as: planning and research activities; preparing correspondence, reports, agendas, statistical information, and budget materials; and develops, and assists in the development of, policies, procedures and training.
As assigned to the Financial Services Department:
- Responsible for incident report auditing and financial grant reporting for the Department.
- Conducts training for new personnel on the Department computer database system.
- Update the new ARS codes and modifications in the Department computer database system.
- Responsible for financial reporting to other State and Federal agencies pertaining to grant awards.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews claims and budget availability for appropriate program expenditures and processes accounts payable.
- Develops and maintains accounting systems to provide accurate and reliable financial data in the management of budgets, funds, and grants.
- Provides advice and assistance to departments to ensure compliance with policies and accounting standards.
- Reviews, reconciles, and records revenue in appropriate General Ledger program accounts.
- Processes payroll, maintains payroll accounting systems and records to ensure compliance with various regulatory agencies.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Performs related work as required.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School diploma /GED (General Education Degree).
- Associate's Degree with course-work in Business Administration, Grants Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, or a closely related area.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative work, two (2) years of which were involved in the developing and/or administering of grants, budgets, contracts, and/or advanced level special projects.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must provide driving history upon acceptance of appointment at no cost to the County.
- Maintenance and administration of grants, contracts and budgets.
- Principles and techniques of governmental budgeting, budgetary control, fiscal management and accounting.
- The principles and practices of public administration and the principles of organization and management.
- Budgetary and fiscal policy and procedures including applicable sources of revenue.
- Legal requirements and regulations affecting fiscal management.
- The applications of data processing techniques to accounting systems.
- Computing literacy to include use of electronic spreadsheet applications.
- Project management.
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with the public and public officials.
- Computing literacy to include use of electronic spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Operation of a customer service and utility billing office.
- Efficiently operating and utilizing modern office machines as necessary to include computers, word processing equipment, copiers, fax transmittal machines, calculators, and related software and peripheral equipment.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Administer and monitor grants, contracts and financial reporting.
- Develop special projects guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Understand, interpret and apply pertinent federal and state laws and regulations and departmental rules and procedures to the administration, coordination and performance of activities associated with the administration of grants, contracts and special projects.
- Analyze and evaluate data collected to develop and prepare concise, orderly recommendations and reports in a timely manner.
- Make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Effectively communicate and establish relationships with the public, staff, and work contacts.
- Act and communicate in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Work independently in completing assigned tasks accurately and in maintaining standard correspondence, files, and reports of the office.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Attend meetings to represent Department/Division including occasional travel for meetings and/or conferences.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.