Salary: $67,787.00 - $92,206.00 Annually USD
All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
Charleston County's Facilities Department is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, Registered Architect (Project Manager). The successful candidate will design and manage new construction & renovation projects and investigate & help resolve architectural issues on existing sites owned by Charleston County. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of design and project management of assigned projects.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $67,787 - $92,206 (Estimated Annual Salary - Dependent upon experience)
Charleston County offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/life insurance, 401K and 457 savings plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and a retirement program.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide oversight on consultant design efforts, perform quality reviews of contract documents, cost estimates and schedules, make architectural recommendations, and monitor compliance with County requirements
* Manage professional A/E consultant contracts, prepare RFQ's, RFP's, IFB's, negotiate fees, coordinate and manage work efforts, liaison between County stakeholders and consultants
* Manage construction contracts, coordinate/review contracts and submittals, interpret contract documents, negotiate/process change orders and requests for information, maintain construction momentum, resolve construction issues and maintain project records
* Analyze project needs, prepare code analyses, design architectural systems, develop construction bid packages, including drawings & specifications, review/approve contractor/vendor submittals, ensure code compliance.
* Provide design and construction support to Facilities and County staff, investigate/help resolve architectural/space planning issues at existing County buildings.
* Provide liaison with authorities having jurisdiction to coordinate all project related permits and, approvals
* Advise County staff on regulatory compliance of existing County facilities related to codes in effect and minimize risk of new construction. Assist County staff in other building conditions and vulnerability assessments as assigned
* Advise County staff on architectural best practices including compliance with ADA regulations
* Bachelor of Architecture degree, or equivalent
* Registration as a Professional Architect in South Carolina
* 7 years, minimum, of progressively responsible experience in managing single and multi-discipline work
* Effective oral and written communication skills a must
* Proficiency with MS Office 365 including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project
* Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, use of collaborative technology such as SharePoint and submittal exchange
* Knowledge of regulations, building codes, and local permitting processes
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships while managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be available during County emergencies and serve on the disaster team when required
* Architectural design experience involving programming, space planning, code analyses, design, detailing, construction documentation and construction administration.
* A valid SC driver's license is required
* Interior design a plus
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience with applications and permits involving Building Codes, Zoning, Historical Architectural Review Board, and Sustainable (Green) Certification Programs.Closing Date/Time: 5/1/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
North Charleston, South Carolina