Description:Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $ 4,304.00/month to $6,120.00/ month. PLEASE NOTE:
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $ 4,304.00/month to $5,212.00/ month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The International Admissions Office is the primary department on campus responsible for the recruitment and admission of international students. It provides services to prospective international students, current international students, staff, faculty and members of the community-at-large who are seeking information or services relative to outreach, recruitment, pre-admission advising, and evaluation for the purpose of admitting international students to university degree and non-degree programs. The International Admissions Counselor promotes, develops and implements international learning opportunities across the spectrum of University programs and assists all areas of the University in its mission to provide a globally relevant and informative education environment. This specialization includes developing skills in assessing and evaluating international undergraduate and graduate credentials for admission, rendering admission decisions, and conducting full general evaluations for transfer students. The international admissions counselor will also be expected to present and provide pre-admissions advising to prospective students. Responsibilities
- Evaluate candidates for admission. For undergraduate and non-degree applicants, assess admissibility for applicants. For graduate applicants, complete evaluation process and forward to the department via PeopleSoft for departmental approvals. For first-time freshmen applicants who submit a SIR, complete a full evaluation to verify self-reported data. As appropriate, call and/or meet with applicants to resolve discrepancies and/or answer questions about the application and assessment process.
- Provide general information and service for IAO functions. Provide information to prospective and current students needed to successfully prepare for admission, apply or progress as a CSUEB student. Provide status information to applicants. Work with IAO to utilize/implement Salesforce to improve office efficiency and communication.
- Provide transfer evaluations for international applicants. For international transfer applicants (and domestic transfer applicants with international credentials) who submit a SIR, complete a full general education evaluation and promptly issue a degree audit to these entering students.
- Address residency reclassification and meet with students to discuss residency concerns. Assist with processing of graduate student backlog.
- Key transcripts for Degree Audits, Advise, evaluate and process Degree Audit Reports/process freshmen, undergraduate transfers, and graduate students.
- Communication by email, phone and Face Book
- Analyze transcripts and test scores
- Use TES, Edge, and Assist evaluating systems
- Process Degree Audit Report (DAR) updating all systems; resolve all issues in person or email
- Resolve complex resident issues in a changing environment of immigration TPS, AB540, monthly meetings and training etc.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, methods and practices.
- Ability to check complex records and detailed information for compliance with admission criteria.
- Ability to interpret and apply written regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and evaluations.
- Ability to develop knowledge about the format and interpretation of course records and transcripts of institutions of higher education, authenticating course credits and comparing records of differing formats, such as foreign records, and campus curriculum requirements for majors, minors, terminal degrees and special program designations.
- Ability and willingness to understand, embrace and communicate CSUEB marketing messages.
- Ability to work independently and carry out complex assignments without detailed instructions.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with prospective students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other administrative computing systems (at an advanced level), instant messaging, degree audit programs, document imaging programs, web-based information resources, and other office applications.
Equivalent of two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field; experience should give evidence of competence and indicate the potential for further growth. A master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. Additional specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities shown above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Experience evaluating international transcripts and credentials.
- Experience working with international students at the university level.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems such as PeopleSoft or Salesforce.
- Master's degree in counseling, education, or related fields.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled