Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3 ,600.00/month to $4,500.00 /month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The Office Coordinator handles a variety of tasks germane to the overall function of Academic Resources and Planning as well as of the units within the Division, including a full range of moderate to complex work assignments. This position reports to the Director of Fiscal and Administrative Resources. The Office Coordinator works primarily in the following areas:
- Office Support & Administrative Assistance
- Guest Service/Office Reception
- A2E2 Committee Support and Website
- Student Assistant Lead
- Other Duties as Assigned
Office Support & Administrative Assistance. The Office Coordinator (OC) monitors the front office. This position provides administrative support to the Associate Provost, Director of Fiscal and Administrative Resources, Director of Compliance and Standards, Academic Scheduling Coordinator, Academic Resource Specialist, and others as needed. This role includes coordinating meetings, trainings, and CSUEB hosted counterparts collaborations. This role arranges travel and facilitates reimbursements. Prepares documents and validates data which contain confidential information as it relates to employee appointments and pay rate, internal/external audits, and time and effort reporting. Maintains inventory of office supplies. Prepares various accounting and procurement forms, such as purchase orders, check requests, expense and budget transfer requests, and other documents as assigned. This position will be a procurement card holder. Updates process and training documentation and preparation of presentation slides and handouts. This position will work with UPD to coordinate the annual Clery Act data collection and validation to ensure CSUEB compliance.
Guest Service/Office Reception. The OC will be located in the Academic Resources and Planning suite and will be a representative of the office as the first point of contact. This position is responsible for greeting office guests and providing quality service. Service duties may include preparing for meetings including safety measures and sanitization procedures necessary to maintain a healthy environment. The OC works with a broad range of employees across campus (e.g. faculty, department chairs, Associate Deans, Deans, Vice Presidents). Additional office administrative duties will include but are not limited to answering phones and transferring calls as appropriate, preparing documents, sending office communications, maintaining a tidy office environment, and preparing mailings.
Faculty Engagement. The OC will monitor the dedicated Faculty Engagement email and will be responsible for acknowledging and routing requests to the appropriate College so they may take necessary action to appoint and pay faculty.
A2E2 . The OC will update A2E2 website as necessary and will monitor the dedicated A2E2 email. OC will be responsible for acknowledging and responding to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff regarding A2E2 programs. OC will provide support to CSUEB A2E2 Committee; collect data and information, coordinate meetings, take minutes, etc.
Student Assistant Lead. The OC is responsible for helping Academic Resource Specialist with supervising student assistants. This may include tracking the hours and work of the students or assigning duties. Helping mentor student assistants is a responsibility of everyone in the office but because of physical proximity, effective and responsive mentorship is important for the person in this position.
Other Duties as Assigned. This may include but is not limited to reserving conference rooms, sorting and distributing the office mail, etc. Required Qualifications
- Knowledge of principles, policies and procedures regarding responsibilities listed above normally obtained through a minimum of 3-4 years of related office experience.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Supportive of the shared mission and values of Academic Affairs.
- Ability to effectively handle situations/problems at all levels that are of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and anticipate the impact.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, scanners, fax machines, copiers, and other technology.
- Expertise in multiple software programs (e.g. MS Word/Excel, Google Drive/Calendar/Gmail).
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
- Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Ability to work almost completely independently in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze and handle complex problems and assignments.
- Ability to navigate Cal State East Bay webpage to provide correct guidance to constituents.
- Ability to be proactive in all assignments.
- Ability to design and plan projects/events assigned, and ability to implement them.
- Ability to compile/analyze data.
- Proficiency with the current social media platforms.
- Knowledge of technical applications necessary for the functions of the office (e.g. PeopleSoft, OnBase, CFS Finance, Cascade, internet browsers/search engines).
- Knowledge of university organization and chain of command, administration and management, hierarchy, and protocols.
- Ability to participate in procurement card and purchase order training and apply knowledge in performing related duties.
- Ability to participate in FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) training and apply knowledge in performing related duties.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled