Position Scope ***RECRUITMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED***CITY OF BUCKEYE IS HIRING TWO (2) MARKETING AND COMMMUNICATION SPECIALISTS WITH LIMITED BENEFITS AT FORTY(40) HOURS PER WEEK.
ONE POSITION WILL REPORT TO WATER RESOURCES DEPARTMENT. THE SECOND POSITION WILL REPORT TO MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT.
Provide marketing and communications support including website management, writing, photography, videography, social media and newsletters. Other duties include supporting and coordinating with the Public Information Officer, Graphic Designer and other city departments on projects and tasks. This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; and a positive, can-do attitude toward providing exceptional customer service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties as assigned.
- Assist in the design and delivery of the city communication program to ensure it keeps the public and employees informed through reports, brochures, newsletters, social media, press releases, information directories, and various media contacts.
- Provide content management and support for buckeyeaz.gov, growbuckeye.com websites
- Write social media posts, news releases, video scripts and various content for marketing campaigns
- Coordinate video and photography opportunities, including scheduling, writing scripts, production and editing
- With assistance, conceptualize and implement public involvement, public information, social media and marketing campaigns
- Monitor and analyze programs by designing data collection forms such as audits, checklists and questionnaires and other tools to measure success
- Prepare and present presentations to a variety of audiences
- Utilize content management systems and social media outlets to disseminate information to appropriate audiences
- Work with other city departments as needed to complement their outreach programs and events; develop educational materials for a variety of audiences
- Support the coordination of public meetings and special events
- Serve as a department liaison with various external groups, such as the media, Chamber of Commerce, business interests and community groups, and the general public
- Attend City events occurring various times of the day, including evenings and weekends
- Keep accurate records and provide monthly reports
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
Associate's degree related to Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism and two (2) year's experience; OR an equivalent combination of education or experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree and municipal or government experience Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge in:
- City government policies, procedures, services and needs
- The community in relation to its service needs and marketing methods and techniques
- Principles of communication and/or marketing
- Social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor, etc.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Computer software including website development, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Public speaking and giving presentations
- Research, analysis and the preparation of recommendations to management
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Understand and implement the general theories and complex principles and practices of marketing, public relations, public information, and basic communication techniques
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Work independently as well as a contributing team member
- Complete projects in a thorough and timely manner
- Understand basic office procedures
- Be flexible and quickly adapt to changes in direction
- Follow safety standards and practices
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Operate a video and still camera, computers and other tech as assigned
- Operate vehicles and equipment safely and according to standard operating and safety procedures
- Work up to 30 to 40 hours per week, flexible hours as needed
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required
- Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with those contact in the performance of work
Additional Information Special Requirements:
Valid Arizona Driver LicensePhysical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment and outdoors and in public facilities.Reports To:
Communications Manager or designee Supervision Exercised:
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous