Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise (Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam#21/50G41/01CR. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking a permanent full time and temporary Speech Pathologist positions
. Under direction, this incumbent provides professional speech pathology diagnostic and treatment services to assist patients with communication, voice and swallowing disorders of inpatients and outpatients in a hospital setting; develops, implements, and documents treatment plans and goals designed to meet patient needs including special population of Neonatal Intensive Care infants and pediatrics.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Provide comprehensive communication and/or swallowing rehabilitation case management which includes the diagnostic evaluation of a broad range of patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders to determine and provide the optimum therapy for correction, rehabilitation, or referral to another service
- Develop and implement appropriate treatment plans for patients that include specific treatment methods, duration and frequency of treatment, and goals
- Interpret and analyze findings of speech, language, cognitive and swallowing disabilities to determine therapy diagnosis and prognosis
- Coordinate treatment programs with physicians, nurses, professional and para-professional staff in the inpatient and outpatient departments of the hospital
- Perform indirect patient care duties such as communication and coordination of care with the patient, family, caregivers, and other professionals, conference reporting, documentation, and charging according to procedures
- Maintain accurate records and written reports
Participate in continuing education/staff development and competency requirements and other hospital and professional requirements, as required
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required Licensure :
Possession of a valid Speech Pathologist license issued by the State of California or the ability to obtain prior to start. (Please ensure the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source.) THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING : Thorough knowledge of:
Working knowledge of:
- Current principles, methods, theory and practices of Speech Therapy
- Pathologies and injuries that result in speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disabilities
- Regulatory practice requirements
- Evaluation and treatment methodologies as applied to complex patients
- Code of Ethics and performance standards as outlined by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Skill and Ability to:
- Basic understanding of the business aspects of therapy services; such as utilization management, charging practices and regulatory compliance
- Anatomy and physiology related to treatment
- Standard billing, reimbursement and reporting practices common to the health care industry, including those pertaining to Medi-Cal and Medicare
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Evaluate patients, interpret clinical data and make clinical judgments
- Apply advanced clinical skills in treating difficult and complex cases
- Develop, implement and adapt treatment programs
- Write clearly and concisely
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff, and other health professionals
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with others
- Efficiently manage time and priorities
- Demonstrate appropriate patient handling skills
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is: Experience:
Two (2) years of experience performing duties as a licensed speech-language pathologist
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted for review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at WWW.Natividad.com .
Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com ,
resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL:
Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST:
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Natividad-HR Analyst at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a per-diem position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.