The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Performs clerical duties at one of the City's recreation facilities. Duties may vary depending on event or facility assigned.
Work is normally performed under the general supervision of a higher classified employee who issues written and oral instructions. Work is reviewed by the immediate supervisor; constant supervision is not necessary for routine and repetitive tasks. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
An employee in this class may be assigned to any one or a combination of the following activities:
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- General office work, Microsoft Office, calendar management, electronic and hard copy record keeping
- Document and data tracking, composition of memoranda, spreadsheets, program registration and revenue collection
- Monthly invoicing of program participants and all other duties associated with the day to day operation of professional government offices
- May work weekends, nights and holidays
- Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- High school Diploma or G.E.D. or be a graduating senior
- May be 17 years old if a graduating senior in high school otherwise must be 18 years old or older
- 6 months clerical experience preferred
- Rec Trac trained within 30 days of hire
- Candidates must pass a fingerprinting/background screening process prior to employment
Depends upon work assignment and location
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderately loud. The work may entail sedentary work in an office setting. While performing duties, employee may frequently be required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders, and use hand and fingers dexterity keyboarding. The employee may be required on rare occasions to lift up to 50 pounds.
Sometimes work is stressful when working under stringent time constraints. Vocal
communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND THE HIRING AUTHORITY WILL CONTACT THOSE APPLICANTS WHOSE APPLICATION REFLECTS THE BEST MATCH OF EXPERIENCE FOR THE POSITION.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous