CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Associate Vice President of Faculty Affairs, the Academic Personnel Analyst reviews, analyzes, validates, and approves all faculty additional appointments to ensure compliance with Federal, State, CSU, and CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) policies and workload limitations. The incumbent advises the Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs and the Calendar Committee regarding CSU requirements related to the academic calendar and inputs the academic calendar into the university's calendaring software system, ACAL and Citrix.
• Manages all information related to parental, personal/professional leaves without pay
• Provides support for Faculty Affairs computer systems (e.g., OnBase, CHRS)
• Manages TIED (Total Instructional Employment Disclosure) forms
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3004ijC
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Equivalent to three years of full-time, progressively responsible professional/technical experience in an academic setting.
• Experience in Faculty Affairs or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of: principles or organization, administration and management; practices and regulations as they pertain to Faculty Affairs; knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules, regulations, and collective bargaining procedures.
• Ability and specialized skills to: quickly learn, interpret, and apply multiple and complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements; independently apply judgment and identify, research, analyze, and resolve problems; and create complex Excel spreadsheets that incorporate mathematical formulas.
• Ability to work with a population from diverse backgrounds, including faculty members, students, staff members, alumni, members of the general public, senior University officials, and persons in senior positions outside the University.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, department chairs, academic student employees, union representatives, and the external community required ; ability to maintain confidentiality; demonstrated commitment to effectively support a diverse and inclusive environment while maintaining collegial relationships. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to use and adapt to new technology and data management/processing systems. Familiarity with University and system wide policies and procedures, including campus policy manuals related to compensation of faculty.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 1176 / Confidential Administrative Support / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4233 - $5200, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4233 - $9514 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a two-year probationary period.
• Applications received through November 19, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California