The purpose of this position is to assist the Cemetery Manager with the planning, directing and oversight of the Grand Prairie memorial Gardens grounds and facilities maintenance, to include all associated administrative requirements. The position will assist the Cemetery Manager with coordinating funeral arrangements, facilitating interment needs, maintaining the highest standard of care of the outside grounds, graves, and markers, coordinating cyclical, routine and as needed maintenance of grounds and facilities, implanting turf care standards and documentation and implementation of standard operating procedures. Duties include but are not limit to, supervising staff, coordinating internment needs and schedules, implementing best practices as it relates to turf care management, administering contracts, administrative functions to include payroll, purchase orders, accounts payable, job performance reviews, resolving customer service requests and issues, and other administrative duties as assigned to maintain and ensure the highest standard quality and consistency for graveside services and the visitor experience.Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with Cemetery Manager; assists with customer/guest(s) requests and facilitates their activities/arrangements, when available; may communicate on behalf of the Manager as needed with other Departments, vendors, and customer/guest(s).
- Coordinates contracts for outsourced services, burial services, memorial installations, engraving services.
- Completes related duties by communicating with both existing guests/customers and prospective guests/customers; responds to requests for information and/or proposals; provides detailed information upon request. Follows up to ensure delivery and sufficient depth of reply.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned by the Cemetery Manager. Coordinates and assists with special events as needed.
- Handles Departmental administrative tasks, as needed; submits purchase requests and handles associated payment vouchers, coordinates daily reporting and cash deposits and maintains/submits payroll information.
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with a two-year associate's degree, diploma or from a college, technical, and business, vocational or correspondence school. Under certain conditions, experience in the industry or related business environment may be a substituted for education requirements. Associated degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in (or a combination of) Cemetery operations, funeral service industry, or related business environment.
- A valid Class C Texas Driver's License.
- Ability to read and understand complex items such as literature, proposals, legal documents, financial documents, contracts, technical items and detailed reports. This level typically obtained at college level or above.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained is high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Within this position, the employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy to apply to duties.
- Does research for documents, compiles data for computer entry, and/or enters or oversees data entry. Has responsibility for monitoring budget expenditures (typically non-discretionary expenditures) for a work unit of less than division size.
- Work requires functioning as a lead worker; provides guidance, instruction, and feedback while servings as manager on duty.
- Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
- Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies. Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous