The purpose of this position is to perform general maintenance of water production systems and related components. This is accomplished by ensuring site security; performing system maintenance; providing pump maintenance; ensuring water quality. Other duties include operating wells; providing storage tank maintenance; and interacting with other City employees and citizens. Scheduled for on-call pager rotation in response to emergencies
. Essential Job Functions
- Performs system maintenance by performing valve maintenance.
- Monitoring flashing fire hydrants.
- Sampling water; working in conjunction with Environmental Service for water quality System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) maintenance.
- Provides pump maintenance by replacing bearings and seal.
- Checking power in the radio and verifying SCADA radio, transmitter, and receptor are in working order to receive communications.
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- Over one year up to and including two years related to maintenance and repairs of water storage tanks, lift stations, operation of ground wells, water quality, and chemical injection stations preferred. This position requires working 11p.m.- 7 a.m. Sunday- Thursday.
- Monitors project work by ensuring a safe working environment for crews; planning for and securing needed materials and equipment; ensuring project is completed in a timely manner; inspecting work; and provided problem solutions as needed.
- Completes administrative duties by preparing daily work orders; preparing various reports; processing overtime and leave requests; completing accident forms; and monitoring equipment inventories.
- Valid Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement /Haz Mat within 90 days of employment, Class D Water Distribution License within 6 months of employment and upgrade to a Class C Water Distribution License within next 24 months and Class I Collections within one year.
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous