The Job Apply early for first round review of applications! PRIORITY REVIEW: 10/28/2021
Recruitment subject to close when a sufficient number of
qualified applications have been received. CONFIRE JPA
is actively recruiting for a Geographic Information Systems Analyst
to join their team! Under the direction of the IT Manager, the GIS Analyst performs mapping and data analysis tasks and produces graphic and tabular data to support CONFIRE's 911 dispatch center operation. The incumbent will collect and provide updates to the County's street network addressing system through collaboration with various county's departments, as well as creating and maintaining the CONFIRE GIS databases.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain enterprise Geographic Information System; create, input, manipulate, and analyze spatial data; develop procedures for field data collection and maintenance, ensures GIS is accurate and up to date.
- Meet with agency to identify and analyze user requirements for GIS applications; works with internal customers and agency liaisons in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of GIS applications/web portals; create customized tools and menus for new and existing applications.
- Convert addresses into GIS formats using geocoding routines and resolves address errors; update geocoding algorithms to improve geocoding accuracy.
- Write complex queries and scripts to automate repetitive but complex tasks.
- Maintain quality control on large scale data sets; loads and updates data in GIS data repositories.
- Research and validate the accuracy of data; coordinate the resolution of database problems with others; work with other agencies to import/export multiple data layers using sound change control procedures.
*Official title is GIMS Coordinator. For more detailed information, refer to the GIMS Coordinator job description. COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Click the link above to learn more. Health Coverage:
Medical, Dental, Vision! The County pays a large portion of employees' healthcare premiums.Vacation:
80-160 hours per year (depending on years of service)Holidays:
13 County holidays + 1 floating holiday for personal useSick:
Accrue 3.69 hours per biweekly pay period!Retirement:
Reap the benefits of our retirement packages. Reciprocity provisions may apply! Voluntary Participation Programs including life insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP), tuition reimbursement, and so much more! CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Pre-Employment Process:
Applicants must successfully pass a background check and a job-related physical exam, including a drug test, prior to employment. Travel:
Travel throughout the County may be required. A valid California Class C Driver's License is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained. County vehicles are available for use, however employees in this class may be required to use personal vehicles. Employees must present and maintain proof of automobile liability insurance.
Mileage reimbursement is available. Disaster Service Worker Duties:
All employees covered by the Non-Represented Employee Compensation Plan are public employees, and, as such, are to serve as Disaster Service Workers and may be subject to service activities as assigned to them by their superiors or by law, pursuant to Government Code Section 3100. In the event of a disaster, incumbents in this class may be required to provide assistance to surveyors, collect data as needed, and other assigned tasks.Training:
Incumbents in this class will be required to attend training on an as needed basis. Some training may require travel by airplane. Travel expenses will be paid for by the department. Minimum Requirements Experience:
Three (3) years of experience as a GIS professional utilizing ESRI Enterprise Software Suite (ArcPro, Desktop, ArcServer, ArcGIS Online, Portal, ESRI Modelbuilder), Python, and MS SQL Server. Must include IT project management experience. Education:
Associate's Degree i n Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
Substitution: Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Information Systems or related field can be substituted for one (1) of the required years of experience.Desired Qualifications The ideal candidate will possess:
Selection Process Application Procedure :
- High level of proficiency with ESRI Enterprise Software Suite.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, such as Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with agencies, superiors, subordinates.
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel) and other software packages as needed for data management.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by the deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications
based on the information provided in the Application, as well as the information provided as a response to the Supplemental Questionnaire. You are encouraged to include detailed descriptions of your qualifying experience and skills, as only the most highly qualified applicants will be referred to the Department.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
All communications regarding the recruitment process will be via e-mail. Applicants are encouraged to check their e-mail frequently to learn additional information regarding this recruitment. Check your GovernmentJobs account for notifications. Update your firewalls to allow e-mails from San Bernardino County through governmentjobs.com. Update your Spam, Junk, and Bulk settings to ensure it will not spam/block/filter communications from e-mail addresses with the following domain: "@hr.sbcounty.gov". Finally, be sure to keep your personal information updated. Taking these steps now will help ensure you receive all communications regarding this recruitment. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
If you require technical assistance , please click
HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.