CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff provides highly complex administrative support to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the President in alignment with the vision, mission and values of the university, including ensuring inclusive excellence is celebrated and rewarded, equity and justice are modeled and upheld, and a sense of belonging is nurtured. Executive duties include the performance of specialized work requiring access to a variety of sources and forms of information as well as special projects requiring extensive research and analysis and a thorough knowledge of University policies and practices and an understanding of the University's role in the community and region. Specific responsibilities include scheduling, drafting and/or processing of communications, maintenance and tracking of specialized processes, issues resolution and webpage maintenance. May provide administrative support to other Cabinet members, as needed. Models integrity, tact, good judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times. These duties involve assisting with and having access to confidential information that pertains to human resources information and/or employee relations matters representing management's position and response to collective bargaining, legal and budgetary issues. Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2XHguVO
• Equivalent to four years of full-time, progressively responsible administrative office experience in a capacity requiring the use of independent judgment that includes at least two years of experience performing executive level support.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and active engagement in promoting an inclusive culture; experience working with various internal and external campus constituencies, including students, alumni and high-level and elected officials, to address their needs and/or resolve concerns.
• Successful experience in managing confidential and sensitive information and demonstrated political acumen and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to interpret and apply a wide variety of information, including data, rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity, accountability, employee development, and recognition to further operational goals; experience in being proactive, well-organized and comfortable in a fast-paced executive office environment; ability to prioritize, handle several projects simultaneously and adapt to changing circumstances.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 1176 / Cnfdntl Admin Support 12 Mo / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4233 - $5,417, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4233 - $9514 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through November 4, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California