Department: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Division: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Business Unit: HR-TRANSPORTATION ADMIN
Work Type: TEMPORARY
*Pay Grade: GRADE 20
Salary Range: $28,020.96 - $39,943.44
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: JANEL HOLLAWAY
Phone: 775 888-7911
WINTER SEASONAL POSITIONS WITHIN RENO
Under general direction of the Assistant District Engineer, Maintenance, Highway Maintenance Managers plan, organize and direct major complex highway maintenance and equipment safety programs, infrastructure facilities, and personnel in assigned district in compliance with federal and State laws, rules and regulations, department policy and budgetary authority.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
"Ability to follow oral and written instructions and perform physical tasks requiring moderate strength."
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- This position may require working alternate shifts and outside of traditional business hours. The hours of this position are subject to change based on the needs of the appointing authority. Typical shifts are four 10-hour or five 8-hour shifts, but may include some variation depending on the specific needs of the department.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances. In addition, federal law requires random testing for controlled substances during employment.
- Tell us how you heard about us!
- These positions require an applicant be at least 18 years of age upon application. If selected, proof of being at least 18 years of age will be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use common hand and power tools
- Ability to understand and follow simple verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Reno Nearest Secondary Market: