Under the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications and the supervision of the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Outreach, the focus of this position is on marketing and positioning CPGE to meet strategic and long-term objectives. The incumbent is responsible for the assigned programs, meaning they are responsible for driving the marketing strategy, implementing and executing that strategy, and reporting out on the outcomes of that strategy as it relates to the College and program goals. The position works closely with CPGE program managers, data analysts, and marketing colleagues to serve the College's mission of aligning academic opportunities to industry and workforce needs as well as providing financial security to CPGE and SJSU.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) Marketing and Communications unit is responsible for working with CPGE Administration, program administrators, and other clients to develop and execute strategic marketing plans to reach the College's enrollment and program goals.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Implement and execute strategic marketing plans for Intersession (Summer and Winter) and Open University programs
- Collaborate with the Content Developer and other Marketing, Communications, and Outreach (MCO) staff to create marketing materials. This could include video, brochures, emails, or other marketing assets
- Ensure key marketing assets are aligned to marketing strategy. These include the website, video, brochures, email campaigns, and more
- Lead the creation and development of communication plans to support lead nurturing
- Execute advertising buys to generate leads for Intersession. This could include Google, Facebook, affiliate marketers, and others.
- Conduct and analyze market research to answer key questions about assigned programs
- Develop segmentation, targeting, and positioning for assigned programs
- Create and draft key marketing messages and value propositions for assigned programs
- Identify and monitor competitors and create analyses for assigned programs
- Present financial recommendations for marketing spend for assigned programs
- Make recommendations on digital and traditional marketing channels to generate leads for assigned programs
- Develop communication plans to support lead nurturing for assigned programs
- Implement and execute strategic marketing plans for Health and Human Science programs. These include, but not limited to, the Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Nursing, concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner, and the Pupil Personnel Services Credential.
- Liaise with the Professional Education team regularly to receive programming updates, facilitate approvals with the academic partners, and provide updates on marketing performance
- Create and manage marketing campaigns through CRM (Salesforce and Pardot)
- Institute and manage tracking and reporting structures to monitor progress marketing KPIs for assigned programs within the marketing cycle
- Deliver comprehensive reports following each cycle analyzing the performance of the marketing strategy for assigned programs
- Track financial spending of approved budgets. Provide updates on financial performance at least quarterly.
- Execute special campaigns as assigned
- Support Associate Director of Marketing and Communications as needed on special projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring clarity and accuracy of message or information
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to conduct and use market research to drive the creation of marketing strategy
- Professional attitude and ability to manage working relationships with staff, faculty, and community members
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and interests
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing marketing strategies to drive conversions.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management or database management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, fine attention to detail, strategic thinker
- Ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions based on analysis
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Basic understanding of finances and budgets
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master's degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Five years or more of multi-channel marketing experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal); based on documents submitted
- Working experience and knowledge leading digital marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Working experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), database management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Working experience with marketing research and implementation of marketing strategies
- Excellent presentation skills and experience working with diverse stakeholders
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist; Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,833/month - $6,592/month
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following required documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Marketing Plan Description
- Please submit a sample marketing plan (between 5 -7 pages) including the following components:
- Summary of plan
- Value proposition
- Campaigns and channels
- Metrics and outcomes
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 21, 2021 through November 11, 2021
. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university. Contact Information
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled