The Position Bargaining Unit: Local 856 - Health Services UnitWhy Join Contra Costa County Health Services?
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is seeking to fill full-time Ultrasound Technologist II positions located in the Diagnostic Imaging Unit at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (CCRMC) in Martinez, CA.
CCRMC houses the Diagnostic Imaging Unit which provides diagnostic services (routine and specialized) and interpretation for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients of all ages.
We are looking for someone who is able to perform a variety of routine and complex ultrasound imaging procedures as well as assess general patient conditions. If you are looking for a challenging role that will allow you to enhance your current knowledge and skills, as well as grow in your career, apply today! We are looking for someone who is:
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Organized. You will be planning staff assignments, schedules, and patient appointments
- Knowledgeable. You will need to know anatomy, physiology, and congenital pathology
- Attentive to detail. You will be maintaining accurate records
- Communicative! You will be conveying information both written and orally to co-workers and patients
A few reasons why you might love this job:
- Performing pulse and continuous-wave Doppler assessments
- Assisting in scheduling
- Operating a variety of ultrasound equipment
- Assessing general patient condition
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will serve as a resource to staff
- You will be working with Physicians
- You will be participating in quality improvement efforts
- You may have to perform first aid
- You will be cleaning and stocking instruments
- You will need to continue relevant education
To read the complete job description, please visit the website at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/classspecs/4446?keywords=assistant%20diagnostic&pagetype=classSpecificationsThe eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months. Minimum Qualifications Certificates Required:
- Critical Thinking: Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Delivering Results: Meeting organizational goals and customer expectations and making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding and using written information
- General Physical Ability: Using strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Legal & Regulatory Navigation: Understanding, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Professional & Technical Expertise: Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Safety Focus: Showing vigilance and care in identifying and addressing health risks and safety hazards
- Action & Results Focused (Taking Initiative): Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Handling Stress: Maintaining emotional stability and self-control under pressure, challenge, or adversity
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal
- Informing: Proactively obtaining and sharing information
- Interpersonal Savvy: Considering and responding appropriately to the needs and feelings of others in different situations
- Teamwork: Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating the benefits of varied backgrounds and cultures in the workplace
- Possession and maintenance of a valid certificate as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) in at least two (2) of the Ultrasound specialties (abdomen, OB/GYN, breast, vascular) issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
- A valid certificate in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) issued by the American Red Cross and or a valid certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association
One (1) year of full-time, or its equivalent, experience as a Certified RDMS with at least six (6) months experience in an acute care setting. Selection Process 1. Application Filing:
All applicants must apply online at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. 2. Application Evaluation:
Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination. 3. Training and Experience Evaluation:
Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements
As of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination or approved exemption is required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.