This position is responsible for performing skilled tasks assisting the professional dental staff. Responsible for providing skilled assistance in routine and complex cases to the professional dental staff in the examination and prophylactic, therapeutic and surgical treatment of patients. Work is performed under supervision of professional dental staff. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions; requires contact with patients.
- Assists in surgical and restorative procedures utilizing the four-handed concept.
- Assists hygienist during complex periodontal procedures.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and packages instruments and equipment.
- Maintains all cleanable surfaces in compliance with aseptic techniques for health services facilities mandated by the Correctional Managed Health Care policy manual.
- Takes dental x-rays including panorex images and imports images to dental charts.
- Educates patients concerning care of oral structures and good hygiene.
- Gives appropriate post op instructions consistent with procedures performed.
- Inventories instruments and maintains inventory logs.
- Annotates dental records and files as requested.
- Sets up instruments, trays and ensures emergency equipment and supplies are available.
- Attend dental meetings.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining momentsBenefits Offered
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
+Education:+ A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
Dental Assistant registry with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners required.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.