Description COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. COUNTY OF EL DORADO EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
The mission of the County of El Dorado Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency is to ensure that the EMS system delivers the highest possible quality of pre-hospital emergency care to victims of illness and injury in the County of El Dorado. The EMS Agency also works closely with Emergency Preparedness. The mission of Emergency Preparedness is to prepare El Dorado County to effectively respond to public health threats by focusing on public health disaster planning; disease surveillance, detection, and control; health risk communication; and public and health provider education and training services.
Coordinate, implement, and evaluate activities necessary to support county-wide emergency medical services (EMS) programs, policies, procedures, and requirements as required by county and state regulations; conduct continuous quality improvement activities, including oversight and training of outside EMS/pre-hospital personnel; provide expert technical assistance to County staff and the community in areas of responsibility. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Implement, evaluate, monitor, and report on system-wide quality improvement program; design and recommend quality assurance mechanisms for evaluation of system compliance and patient outcome; prepare reports and statistical findings defining medical audit methods, procedures, and study results; review various types of EMS data.
- Assist in the research, preparation, and updates for County EMS system plans, including the quality improvement plan.
- Develop modules and workflows and provide assistance with the use of electronic patient care reporting tools.
- Participate in the designation and re-certification of specialty care centers, including advanced life support base as well as receiving hospitals and trauma care centers; conduct on-site visits for evaluation and field review to ensure adherence to state and local standards.
- Act as a liaison for the County to pre-hospital providers and to various committees; attend meetings and provide staff assistance; may address groups via presentations and/or speaking engagements.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description here .
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations.
Equivalent to college or technical training sufficient to obtain the possession of a California licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Paramedic;
Two (2) years of emergency medical field care or pre-hospital emergency medical care experience.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California or Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess either (1) a valid California Registered Nurse license issued by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, or (2) a California Paramedic license.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Emergency Medical Services Specialist, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions.
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Sera Salmanyan in Human Resources at email@example.com RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process click here .
Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Emergency Medical Services Specialist. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Chief Administrative Office, Emergency Medical Services Preparedness Division located in Placerville, CA.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous