Job Summary Relocating: Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ *Mohave County is currently recruiting for the position of Road Maintenance Worker Senior in Public Works located in Kingman/Golden Valley, Az* Depending on qualifications, may underfill position. This posting will be used to fill current and future vacancies: *May underfill position Road Maintenance Worker
: Range 10, Step 1-10: $16.05 - $24.90
This is advanced level work involved in the operation of equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of county-maintained roads and property. This level class is in the Road Maintenance Worker series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the complexity of duties assigned and the effective operation of light to heavy equipment. Appointment to this level requires that the incumbent be performing the full range of duties and meet the qualification standards for the class. REPORTS TO
Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
May provide technical supervision to Road Maintenance Workers. In absence of crewleader, supervisor or as assigned, may exercise functional supervision to include overseeing, assigning and directing the activities of a work crew.Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work is subject to varying job site assignments and may be subject to call back, on-call status and overtime and irregular schedules including completion of work assignments on weekends and holidays.
- Performs a variety of road maintenance and repair tasks by performing various manual labor assignments, such as, but not limited to: checking grade of road, mixing cold mix asphalt, shoveling of cake, raking chips, crack sealing, chip sealing, patching, sweeping, trimming trees, weeding, mowing, removing debris, installing cattle guards, placing of barricades and cones, flagging of traffic and crack sealing.
- Utilizes various hand and power tools and equipment such as: jackhammer, hand tamper, compressors, drills, chain saw, mower, shovel, rake, and weed eater.
- Operates and services heavy equipment in the maintenance and repair of roads and to haul materials and equipment. Utilizes equipment such as: backhoe; screening plant; paddle wheel scraper, dozer maintenance blade; chip spreader; tractor trailer; water truck; bituminous distributor; laydown machine; and other related heavy equipment.
- As required, operates and services a variety of light and medium equipment in the maintenance and repair of roads. Utilizes equipment such as: tandem axle truck; front end loaders; rollers; sweepers; and light equipment - single axle truck; tractor/mower; sweeper; and other related equipment.
- In absence of crewleader or as assigned, oversees, assigns and direct the activities of subordinates. Based on work assignment, determines best course of action.
- Adheres to safety procedures in work areas and in performance of work assignments. Promotes a culture of safety.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment and tools used during performance of work assignments.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School Diploma/ GED (General Education Degree)
- Three (3) years actual operating experience of equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of roads or related field involving the operation of equipment utilized In the maintenance and repair of roads, streets and property.
- Or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must pass drug screen post offer.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License Class A with N Endorsement (tank vehicle), without E Restriction (manual transmission), without L Restriction (air brakes), without O Restriction (fifth wheel connection), and without Z Restriction (air brakes), within six (6) months of appointment to the position.
- Must provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Road maintenance and repair methods and materials.
- Operation and servicing of heavy equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of roads.
- Traffic laws, ordinances and regulations involved in equipment operation such as blue stake law.
- Safety hazards, practices and procedures related to road construction, maintenance and repair work and the operation of heavy equipment.
- Use and care of equipment, tools, and materials used in road maintenance and repair activities.
- Safe and effective operation and servicing of equipment such as: heavy backhoe; screening plant; finish scraper, dozer blade; chip spreader; tractor/trailer; 4,000 gallon water truck; bituminous distributor; laydown machine; tandem axle truck; front end loaders; skip loader; rollers; sweepers; single axle truck; tractor/mower; sweeper; rubber tire roller; and other related equipment.
- Effectively service, maintain and operate equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
- Oversee the activities of subordinates including assigning and directing tasks and determining best course of action.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Comply with Mohave Personnel Policies & Procedures and Department Regulations.
- Learn safe, effective operation of equipment.