Department: ADJUTANT GENERAL
Division: ADJUTANT GENERAL & NATIONAL GUARD
Business Unit: HR-MILITARY
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 34
Salary Range: $49,151.52 - $72,871.20
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
Air National Guard Airport Rescue Firefighters respond to emergency incidents involving all forms of civilian, commercial and military aircraft, structure or wildland fires, alarms, and other emergencies. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The Nevada Air National Guard (NVANG) Fire Department is an all-risk department that responds to emergencies on base and supports local Fire Departments through mutual aid agreements. NVANG Firefighters support statewide response to wildland fire emergencies. Crew Chiefs at the Nevada Air National Guard are Lead Fire Fighters that perform duties at the Company Officer level. Crew Chiefs lead an Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting team assigned to an ARFF Vehicle, Structural Engine or Rescue Vehicle during airfield emergency responses as well as all other emergency responses. Crew Chiefs are Rescue Team Leaders that may provide initial Command and Control when acting as Senior Fire Officer. Crew Chiefs supervise training activities at the direction of the Assistant Chief; ensure that day to day station and vehicle inspection and maintenance tasks are performed and documented; provide hands-on supervision to their assigned crew; perform company inspections on base facilities and supervise contracted inspection and maintenance tasks. Crew Chiefs represent the shift in the absence of the Assistant Fire Chief.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-11_0//
- Three years of professional firefighting experience, one year of which must have included experience in air/crash/rescue; OR one year of experience as a Firefighter/Driver Operator (Air National Guard) in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possession of current International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or equivalent certification as a Fire Officer I, Fire Instructor I, and Hazardous Materials Operations is required at the time of hire.
Possession of current International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Pro Board certification as a Fire Officer II, Fire Inspector I, and Hazardous Materials Incident Commander is required within one year of appointment.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Possession of current certification in Nevada as an Emergency Medical Technician at the time of hire is required for the Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief and Crew Chief.
- Possession of a Class C driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment. Employees must obtain a Military Motor Vehicle Operator card within one month of appointment.
- This position requires a Military Position of Trust clearance.
- Possession of an International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or equivalent certification as a Driver/Operator ARFF and Driver/Operator Pumper is required within one year of appointment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe