Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Ensure all required medical testing, labs, and pre-surgical treatments are ordered and completed as required.
- Coordinate daily operations of Specialty Clinic and ensure all referrals are handled in accordance with policy
- Complies with relevant laws, regulatory requirements, university polices and procedures and department rules and regulations. Completes required training by established deadlines.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of TTUHSC information/data.
- Self-starter and self motivated. Displays drive and energy in accomplishing tasks. Display enthusiasm for learning and improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Texas Board of Nursing Rules and
- Regulations, as well as applicable federal, state, and accreditation organization requirements and standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to population served.
- Attends applicable nursing and continuing education programs.
- Implements measure to promote quality and a safe environment of patients, self, and others.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining momentsBenefits Offered
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
License/Certification: Current RN License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt.
Experience: No experience required.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.