CSUN's Tseng College: Graduate, International, and Midcareer Education (College) is seeking a high-talent and innovative Executive Director of Business Operations and Finance! The person in this position is a member of the College' leadership team and has direct responsibilities for the financial management; administrative technology; financial aid; human resources; and admissions and registrations units. The College has a yearly operating budget of about $40 million with over 30,000 registration per year. This is a very senior, engaged, and proactive role for someone who is an experience leader/manager, a creative problem solver, and effective working in an open and collaborative context. https://tsengcollege.csun.edu/
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• HIRING RANGE: $150,000 - $155,004 per year, dependent upon knowledge, skills, and experience.
• The University offers excellent benefits https://www.csun.edu/benefits
In collaboration with the Dean and the Associate Dean of the College, the Executive Director of Business Operations and Finance:
• Has primary responsibility for the strategic and effective financial management of the College (the College is self-supporting). For yearly College budget development, budget management, budget outcomes reporting, and overseeing the on-budget performance of all the College's units. Develops the financial plan/budget and pricing for new programs/initiatives.
• Oversees administrative technology and College data and data analytics strategies and practices.
• Ensures excellence and forefront approaches to admissions, registration, and client services. Works in collaboration with the Assistant Dean for Program and Enrollment Management to ensure the College meets enrollment and linked financial goals.
• Monitors best practices with the CSU and nationwide in higher education to identify promising new approaches, service providers, and other resources that can improve administrative practices and streamline procedures to provide cost effective and excellent service to students, instructors, and College staff across all units.
• Ensures innovation, transparency, accuracy, and policy compliance in all aspects of the work of the financial unit.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Ensures that all personnel actions are in keeping with CSU/CSUN policies and procedures and College values and practices.
• Evaluates performance levels from all assigned staff, address performance issues, and provide constructive criticism and support for performance excellence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3uWE0dF
• Master's degree in a job-related field from a regionally accredited US university (or similarly accredited international university). Preference will be given to candidates with degrees most closely related to the work of this position (business management, finance, information systems, and the like). Financial management and technology credentials are an advantage.
• Equivalent to six years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience required; with three of the six years in a managerial role. Advantage will be given to more experience in roles most closely related to the scope and demands of this position..
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Must have a transparent and open working style and high level of professional integrity.
• Ability to communicate very effectively in a wide range of contexts within a highly diverse university and a highly diverse region.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to provide financial leadership for a significant unit/department/college.
• Must have a demonstrated record of innovation, creative problem solving, and ability to respond to a changing array of opportunities.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
General CSUN Information
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. CSUN is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. The Executive Director will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through October 29, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more, visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California