Description: Working Title
Academic Office Coordinator for Academic PlanningSF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.Department
Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning (DUEAP)Appointment Type
This is a one-year temporary position.Time Base
Full-Time (1.0)Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pmAnticipated Hiring Range
$3,634 per month ($43,608 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.Position Summary
Coordinate and assist with all aspects of the work of the academic planning office including assessment, program review, program accreditation, WASC accreditation, and the curriculum. Accurately track and archive documents, coordinate with university assessment and program review committees. Assist with travel, hospitality, honoraria requests, reimbursements, meetings and other logistical and administrative support for staff in the Academic Planning Office, for the WAC/WID, FYE, GE and EXCO programs, and for program review and accreditation. Track and report expenses to the budget manager in DUEAP. Act as receptionist for the Academic Planning office, coordinate and organize supplies and processes for the officePosition Information
- Calendars and Meetings: Maintain or assist with Associate Dean's calendar, resolve scheduling conflicts, coordinate meetings between AD and others, arrange hospitality for meetings and assist DUEAP staff with meetings and hospitality as needed
- Coordinate and assist with all aspects of the work of the APD office including assessment, program review, program accreditation, WASC, and curriculum, including accurately tracking and archiving documents using databases or electronic systems as well as hardcopies, assisting with travel and meetings, communication about and documenting process, coordination of documents with University Committees as needed.
- Travel and Payments: Coordinate travel and travel claims for the Associate Deans and those associated with the Academic Planning office as appropriate. Coordinate travel and travel claims for consultants as appropriate. Process honorariums, reimbursements, direct pays, and requisitions for purchases and fees, etc.
- Provide support on projects as requested for Academic Planning personnel, including the University Curriculum Coordinator and the Curriculum Office, the University Articulation Officer and the Articulation Office, and the coordinators of the Writing Across the Curriculum/Writing in the Discipline, General Education (GE), First Year Experience (FYE) programs, and Experimental College (EXCO).
- Coordinate and organize Academic Planning office to maintain a professional environment: act as receptionist to greet visitors, answer phones and direct as needed, distribute mail, coordinate IT and work order requests, coordinate ordering of Xerox machine and office supplies, coordinate operation of Xerox machine, supervise and assign tasks to student employees, approve student "reportable time" on-line if assigned
- Provide assistance for other projects as assigned, assist AD with correspondence and other tasks as needed
- High School diploma, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined and two to three years of administrative, experience
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of university organization, infrastructure, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedure
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels
- Expertise in using office software packages (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area (copy, fax, scanner machines)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree
- Three to five years experience in administrative support, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience in supervision of student employees and/or managing reception area
- Ability to create graphs using Excel, to create presentations in Power Point, to process documents' conversions to PDF & Word
- Expertise in using University & on-campus systems (PeopleSoft, Campus Solutions, CFS & CMS, Google Docs, SharePoint, scheduling -Doodle & Outlook Calendar)
- Knowledge of California State University system specific policies, procedures, infrastructure
The work schedule for this position is on campus Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.Employment Requirement
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
.CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: October 10, 2022