This position is responsible for provision of basic nursing care and services which are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel instruments or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Work is performed under clinic conditions in a correctional institution; has a high degree of contact with offender/patients and other clinic personnel.
- Perform Patient specific tasks within scope of practice.
- Maintain safe, therapeutic and healthy environment.
- Assist in maintenance of supplies levels.
- Adheres to infection control standards.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining momentsBenefits Offered
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications License/Certification:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience as a nursing assistant or completion of a nursing assistant training course.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.