Description Dean, Student Success: Class Specification (Job Description) MSC Range 26
Full-time/Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year Application Tips for Success
Anticipated Start Date: Negotiable
Tentative Interviews: January 5-14, 2021 Additional Resources:POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Services, the Dean of Student Success will oversee and coordinate student retention efforts and initiatives, including managing and optimizing the college's early alert system. This position is responsible for providing dynamic supervision and coordination of support services and programs that help students succeed. The dean will develop and sustain productive collaborations across campus to support student retention.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated knowledge of best practices that support student retention, as well as a demonstrated ability to produce and consume operational and institutional data to guide retention work. In addition to a strong leadership background, excellent communication skills and a desire to foster innovation are required to be successful in this role. This position works closely with other Instructional and Student Services deans to ensure students feel supported through the lifecycle of their educational experience.
The ideal candidate will share Butte College's commitment to our mission and values
, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. We currently enroll around 16,000 students annually, many of whom are from ethnically minoritized populations. Butte College serves a predominantly rural community in Northern California that is anchored by a nearby California State University.
Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Please visit the class specification
to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the positio n. DIVERSITY QUALIFICATION:
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
All applicants, including current butte college employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS:
- Cover Letter: Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meet the needs of this position.
- Resume or Vita : Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay : The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Transcripts of Academic Work : Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or visit our website .
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code • 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: 11/30/2021 11:59 PM Pacific