We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to support our Human Resource in being responsible for management, oversight and implementation of all recruitment activities and programs including; sourcing, recruiting, hiring, backgrounds and onboarding candidates for the City by developing quality sustainable and appropriate talent acquisition strategies, under the leadership of the Director of Human Resources . Sourcing all outlets as appropriate including internal employees, online databases, employee referrals, internet resources and special outreach programs. Responsible for Leading and Managing a team of talent acquisition employees; and performs all related duties as assigned.
About North Las Vegas:
Established in 1946, the City of North Las Vegas is the third largest city in Nevada and is one of the fastest growing cities in the state. Serving a community of roughly 260,000 people (and growing!), North Las Vegas is comprised of a diverse group of residents, businesses and employees dedicated to positively influencing the community and making an impact!
The North Las Vegas team is a caring and fun group of individuals who take a vested interest in each other's success. We lift one another up and challenge each other to rise to the occasion each and every day. We do whatever it takes to ensure that vital resources and services that our residents and businesses depend on, are provided in an efficient and effective manner. Community, accountability and teamwork is everything to us and at the heart of all that we do. We are proud of our accomplishments and work diligently to strategically align operations with the City's objectives.
Benefits and Perks:
(Many of our positions offer the following)
- 4-day, 36-hour workweek, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (May vary by position specific needs).
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plan option, with affordable low cost alternative plans available.
- 13 paid holidays off annually.
- 3 weeks of annual leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- 3 weeks of sick leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- Employer-paid participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System of Nevada (PERS).
- Employer-paid Term Life and AD&D insurance for employees, plus dependent life insurance.
- Deferred compensation 457(b) Plan, which is a government deferred compensation plan similar to a 401(k) plan. It offers both pre-tax and after-tax savings and investment options.
- Annual merit increase program based on performance evaluations and/or contractual wage increases.
- Complimentary access to our fully equipped fitness center at City Hall.
Key Focus of the Role:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Develops, leads, and implements Talent Management strategies, systems, processes, and structures that align with the overall mission, vision, and values of the City. Works within the parameters of the City's collective bargaining agreements; acquires talent within standard hiring timeframes; builds and executes quality selection processes; and delivers high quality candidate and hiring manager experiences.
- Responsible for staying current on industry news, trends and best practices related to talent sourcing trends, government recruiting strategies, develops critical recruitment programs for hard-to-fill positions, monitors local workforce hiring trends and City staffing needs.
- Builds and maintains proactive partnerships with all city departments, understands their business operations, manages related staffing needs and issues, and offers ideas, solutions, and tools to recruit the best talent. Develops recruiting plans and goals with department directors and hiring managers. Provides recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers and HR professionals with hiring and employment data relevant to their particular needs.
- Creates quality customer service experiences for all candidates and hiring managers. This includes ensuring all recruitments have a timeline; communication is timely and frequent; quality responses are provided to candidates; postings are timely with appropriate information; application platform and hiring systems are easy to use and extract critical information; all applicants are prescreened for minimum qualifications for hiring managers; appropriate candidate questions are applied; adequate interview training is provided for hiring managers; and job offers are timely to retain potential candidates.
- Utilizes sophisticated applicant tracking systems and other recruiting software to track applicants from application through the hiring process and to on-boarding. Develops strategies and tracks success through the use of metrics such as length of time to fill a position; length of time for candidates in backgrounds; employee turnover rates; and candidate data to measure impact of the recruitment programs. Implements changes to talent acquisition strategy according to metrics.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, state and local laws, codes, rules, and other regulations that govern hiring practices, policies, and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Performs all other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Human Resources and/or Talent Acquisition.
- Minimum of two (2) years management or supervisory experience.
- Previous municipal government experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid state Drivers License with the ability to obtain appropriate Nevada State Drivers License within required time frame.
- Strongly preferred - professional certification as a Professional in Human Resources with a credible college or professional association such as SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) and/or IPMA-HR Certified Professional, etc.
- Grade: ACE-23
- Minimum Salary: 75684.29
- Maximum Salary: 116419.47
- Pay Basis: YEARLY