Under limited supervision, provides information technology operations support within the City, including configuration, documentation, user training, reporting and technical support; performs other duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as a subject matter expert, individually motivated and operating with a sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with enterprise software applications.Will work with user groups, functional managers, development teams, and project teams to identify design enhancements and systems configuration opportunities, and to improve the utilization of business applications.
- Responsibilities include providing timely application support to end-users and working with other support groups to establish proper integration of business applications.
- Provides technical support for the configuration and implementation of COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) software applications related to business solutions.
- Supports various business solutions; apply patches, upgrades/releases as appropriate; and troubleshoot and fix problems within the system configuration, system customizations, related custom applications, and interfaces.
- May Administers user roles and profiles to ensure appropriate permission assignments.
- Prepares accurate and detailed configuration and functional specification documents.
- Acts as a liaison between various business units to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and business systems.
- Supports the applications team in delivering robust solutions to the enterprise.
- Interacts with software, hardware, and/or professional services vendors.
- Develops automated process workflow routines focused on automating business processes using deployed applications.
- Participates in efforts to evaluate, select, and implement third party software, vendors and/or service providers
- Monitors the ERP application environment and tunes system performance (where applicable).
- Provides technical and end user support for multiple software systems; provides technical guidance regarding the use of various software programs.
- Troubleshoots applications and software; works with vendors, end users and other IT staff to resolve operating problems.
- Creates and delivers software application training programs and related courseware; schedules and conducts training sessions.
- Works with various IT staff and client departments to develop, maintain, document and research potential enhancements to current processes.
- responds to IT Help Desk requests, e-mails and service tickets; tracks and documents problems through to resolution.
- Responds to queries; runs diagnostic programs; isolates problems; determines and implements solutions.
- Performs project management, planning and implementation as needed.
- Researches solutions for existing problems; gathers information on new technologies.
- Performs various special projects and assignments.
- Attends meetings with potential new vendors; participates in the review of products as requested.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Galveston and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- May be required to work non standard business hours to support the implementations of software solutions
- May be required to cover after hours calls.
- May be required to work a modified work schedule in support of system implementations
Employees may at any time be required to work in order to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services, in the event of an emergency.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:Knowledge:
- City organization, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Principles and practices of computer systems administration and support.
- Principles and practices of hardware and software troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Principles and practices of employee training.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Principles and practices of information technology research.
- State and federal statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Texas local government codes.
- Business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Handling situations requiring diplomacy, fairness, firmness and sound judgment.
- Analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and developing recommendations and reports.
- Translating verbal and electronic user requests into effective hardware and software systems.
- Understanding and applying City policies and procedures, and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Explaining City information technology policies and procedures while exercising the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with all levels within the City.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field; AND three years’ experience in information technology software application administration and support; OR
an equivalent combination of education and experience.LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- TLETS certification.
- CJIS certification.
- TCIC certification.
- May require Interpol security access.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds. May be required to climb ladders. May be required to work within confined spaces.
Closing Date/Time: January 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST