Announcement Number: 774754709
NEVADA LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL BUREAU
INFORMATION SECURITY AUDITOR
The Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB) is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position
of Information Security Auditor. The LCB is the full-time, central, nonpartisan staff agency that
provides professional, technical, and administrative support to the Nevada Legislature.
Position Description: The Information Security Auditor performs objective analyses of Nevada
agency information technology operations to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and
availability of information and information systems. Initially, this position will function as an
assistant under the direction of an in-charge auditor. With experience, this position will serve as
the in-charge auditor on performance audits responsible for all phases of the audit, and may
include supervising staff.
• A team of 30 professionals from a variety of backgrounds driven to make a positive
difference in the great State of Nevada.
• Concerned for each team member and opportunities for professional growth and
• Respected by the Nevada State Legislature, media, and citizens for providing timely,
accurate, and meaningful recommendations to improve state government and programs.
• Nationally recognized for excellence.
• Excited for you to learn more at our Division website: www.leg.state.nv.us/audit.
• Looking for an opportunity to provide meaningful improvements that benefit your fellow
• Goal and action oriented.
• Seeking a healthy work/life balance.
• A learner who is always looking to improve.
You Are Good At:
• Using qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to solve problems.
• Analyzing problems/issues and identifying solutions.
• Critical thinking.
• Looking out for those who often do not have a voice.
• Effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
• Tact and persuasion. 2
• Research and analysis.
• Organization and time management.
• Asking difficult questions.
• Adapting to changing environments.
• Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with your teammates and auditees.
• Demonstrating non-partisan solutions.
You Like Variety:
• Individual audit assignments may last about 6-12 months.
• You will work with many different team members.
• You will spend time at an agency developing an understanding of key processes and
• Some audits require travel to Reno, Las Vegas, and rural areas of Nevada.
You Have Obtained:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting,
Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
• CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CRISC certification preferred. If you do not have a Master's
Degree, you will need to demonstrate the ability and desire to obtain one of these
certifications during the 1st year of employment.
• Competitive salary ($66,628 to $101,161 - Grade 41 Employee/Employer Paid
Retirement Schedule - depending on experience).
• Flexible schedules including a 4-day work week.
• 11 paid holidays.
• 15 days of annual leave (increases based on longevity).
• 15 days of sick leave each year.
• Robust retirement program (www.nvpers.org).
• Health benefits (www.pebp.state.nv.us/all_plan).
• At least 40 hours of professional development each year.
Carson City — Location, Location, Location
• Beautiful Northern Nevada along the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
• 250+ days of sunshine each year.
• Recreational opportunities include: golfing, kayaking, boating, biking, off-roading,
hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, camping, fishing, and much more.
APPLICATION PROCESS: This announcement will remain open until recruitment needs are satisfied.
Review of applications will begin on November 5, 2021; however, applications will be accepted
until potential candidate(s) have been identified. Interviews are anticipated to be conducted
between November 29, 2021, and December 10, 2021. Applicants must submit the following:
1) Legislative Counsel Bureau Employment Application found at:
2) Resume and letter of interest describing qualifications.
3) Copy of college transcript(s).
The above information may be mailed or e-mailed to:
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Attn: Ken Kruse, Human Resources
401 South Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
All job offers are contingent on the candidate passing a reference and background check.
Please direct inquiries to Shannon Riedel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shawn Heusser
NOTE: The Legislative Counsel Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, political affiliation or disability. The LCB will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Closing Date/Time: Until recruitment needs are satisfied
Carson City, Nevada