California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) at California State University, San Bernardino offers a variety of programs and serves as the main outreach arm of the University to extend educational resources and services to broader audiences across the region, as well as nationally and internationally.
CEGE also leads CSUSB's internationalization efforts by collaborating with university and off-campus partners to develop and offer programs, activities, and services that support CSUSB's strategic goals. Through its Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP), CEGE serves as the hub for international students and scholars, and education abroad. International Extension Programs (IEP) offers the English Language Program (ELP) and a variety of short-term and customized educational programs. Job Summary
The College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to fill the position of Director of Marketing. Reporting to the CEGE Dean, the Director of Marketing is responsible for providing leadership to the Marketing department staff, overseeing all aspects of the Marketing department, and for developing and implementing integrated and effective marketing plans specific to CEGE'sdomestic and international programs that include digital marketing. The incumbent will oversee the design and management of the CEGE website. In compliance with the university communication standards, the incumbent will develop and maintain CEGE branding and positioning. In consultation with the Dean and collaboration with the CEGE Senior Leadership Team, the Marketing Director sets Marketing department priorities, ensures timely project completion, and seeks continuous improvements in efficiency and marketing effectiveness. The incumbent will supervise and provide leadership to two marketing staff members. The Marketing Director will collaborate with other CEGE departments, as well as with other units of the University to market CEGE programs. This position collaborates with the CEGE Senior Leadership Team to advance the College's mission and to raise the visibility of the College of Extended and Global Education and the university. TYPICAL ACTIVITIES:
The Director of Marketing will provide leadership to the CEGE Marketing department to elevate the college's profile improves the efficiency of operations and executes the college's brand through strategic marketing and communications plans. The Director of Marketing collaborates with the CEGE Leadership team to advance the College's mission and to raise the visibility of the College of Extended and Global Education and the university. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and evaluate strategic marketing and communications plans for the college's domestic and international programs and activities to raise the visibility and the profile of the College;
- Provide leadership and manage the Marketing department staff, establish annual goals, monitor their progress, communicate job expectations, conduct reviews and evaluations;
- Oversee all aspects of the Marketing department, including financial and administrative;
- Oversee the design and maintenance of the College web site;
- Conduct extensive and systematic market research and analysis to measure and report the viability of new and current programs. Participate in and support collaborative program explorations with academic departments and external constituents;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities and implement necessary changes;
- Prepare and manage college-wide reports, newsletters, and other reports as needed;
- Collaborate with the Office of Strategic Communication to ensure compliance with the university brand standards, as well as policies and procedures in that area;
- Serve as the member of the CEGE leadership team, participate in developing innovative strategies for achieving CEGE strategic goals;
- Ensure compliance with CEGE, CSUSB, CSU, WASC, ADA, W3C, and other relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
: Full-time, Exempt position, At-Will, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP). For more information about Management Benefits, CLICK HERE Review Date
: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Work Schedule
Regular Operating Hours for Administrative Offices: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours may be required. As needed, travel may be required to participate in program events/activities.
Summer hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Required Application Materials
All applicants must submit the following:
1) Letter of interest or cover letter
2) Current resume or curriculum vitae
3) Diversity Statement - may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared the candidate for this role at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 250 words). Key Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including editing, proofreading, copywriting, making presentations to a variety of diverse audiences.
- Proven record of successful experience in marketing, including digital marketing.
- Strong understanding of branding principles and the use of digital media as communication media.
- Well-developed skills in effective market research that supports business planning. Inclusive of local (regional), statewide, national, and international markets; Utilizing both primary and secondary data collection methods to produce the most accurate and effective data possible.
- Ability to interpret, explain and present complex information in a variety of ways, including graphically;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Discretion and demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters.
- Proficient with CRM functions and workflows.
- Master's degree in marketing or other related fields.
- Seven (5) years of management experience with progressive responsibilities and supervisory experience.
- Experience with developing and managing integrated marketing plans, including digital marketing.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Experience working in higher education and/or complex, decentralized organizations on cross-functional teams.
- Project management, communications, and writing experience.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience managing contracts.
- Proficient with Salesforce CRM.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,000 - $8,000 monthly
Classification Salary Range: $3,750 - $10,417 monthly Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to furthering knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experiences. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled