Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-DESERT REGIONAL CENTER
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 31
Salary Range: $43,346.88 - $63,746.64
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: NICOLE PEEK
Phone: 775 684-0129
The Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is currently recruiting for multiple positions for Licensed Practical Nurse II in Las Vegas, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur in the Desert Regional Center (DRC) program.
Under general supervision, incumbents perform the full range of duties outlined in the series concept, providing nursing care to inmates in a correctional setting to individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities, or patients in a 24-hour inpatient skilled nursing facility (e.g., convalescent or nursing home). Incumbents maintain the safety, health, and wellbeing of patients in the practice setting using the least restrictive interventions appropriate for patients who may be hostile and combative. This is the journey level in the series.
ADSD provides an atmosphere of innovative thinking, teamwork, friendly co-workers and provides a positive working environment. The mission of ADSD is to provide leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan to allow all of Nevada's elders, children and adults with disabilities or special health care needs, to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives to the greatest extent possible.
Based on the Governor's mandate, effective 8/15/21, any employee who has not received the COVID-19 vaccination, must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. If not already vaccinated, some positions in ADSD require employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccination no later than November 1, 2021. If selected for interview, you will be notified of the requirements pertaining to the position.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Nevada and two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, one year of which was providing nursing care to inmates in a correctional setting, individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities, or patients in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (e.g., convalescent or nursing home).
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Intravenous (IV) certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Phlebotomy certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas