The purpose of this position is to supervise crews that are engaged in street, utility, and parks and recreation maintenance. This is accomplished by supervising personnel; monitoring project work; and completing administrative duties. Other duties include maintaining equipment. Essential Job Functions
- Supervises personnel by assigning work duties; observing and monitoring work tasks; providing feedback to employees; evaluating work performance; and assisting employees to correct deficiencies.
- Monitors project work by ensuring a safe working environment for crews; planning for and securing needed materials and equipment; ensuring project is completed in a timely manner; inspecting work; and provided problem solutions as needed.
- Completes administrative duties by preparing daily work orders; preparing various reports; processing overtime and leave requests; completing accident forms; and monitoring equipment inventories.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting equipment for damage; and performing routine maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED and over four years' experience leading crews in the conduct of water and wastewater utilities repairs including experience in the operations of excavation equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergency on-call pager schedule.
- Must have TCEQ Class C Water or Unit II Wastewater Collections license, Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement.
- Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License; or the ability to obtain one within six months of employment.
- Intermediate - Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives limited direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary. The assignment may be reviewed upon completion. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Work requires functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
- Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
- Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous