Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-inspired values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for creating the first and last impressions of The Apex Centre experience for Members and Guests by providing warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells who enter and leave the facility.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all Members and Guests through compliance with the proper Apex Centre phone etiquette by greeting members by name, exceeding their expectations with service, saying good bye and inviting them back again the next day.
- Assist Members and Guests with program registrations and facility bookings for facility programs and services in accordance with service desk software.
- Promote all facilities, programs and services when in contact with Members and Guests.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of The Apex Centre. This includes being in facility wearing approved attire and nametag.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Adhere to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions, etc.
- Resolve customer questions/complaints
- Process sales, cash handling and drawer count down accuracy required at each shift.
- Arrive to work every day, on time as scheduled.
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to embrace and embody the City's core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must be at least eighteen
years of age.
• Must have cash handling skills, and ability to manage a register. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Basic computer and phone skills preferred.
• Some related work experience preferred, but not required. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Must pass a drug screen and background check.
• No visible body piercing or tattoosPhysical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to see, speak, and hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees will stand and walk for extended periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The indoor environment provides for a safe and healthy work environment and is smoke and drug free. Occasionally, it may be wet and humid, as well as moderately loud. The outdoor work environment may result in exposure to extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, and humidity. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous