About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver's Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure and services, including transportation planning, design and construction; major projects, maintenance of streets, bridges and storm and sanitary sewers; residential trash, recycling and compost collection; and oversight and regulation of use of the public right-of-way including on-street parking. We employ a culture of safety throughout the department to strengthen workplace health and organizational performance.
For more information, please visit www.denvergov.org/DOTI
The Logistics Operation team has an opening for a Parts Specialist II. In this role you will be working as an automotive/heavy equipment parts specialist. You will be able to use your vehicle parts knowledge and organizational skills to:
- Research and issue a variety of automotive and heavy equipment parts as requested by fleet personnel (i.e. light duty passenger vehicles, excavators, paving equipment, fire trucks, dump trucks, tractor trailers, street sweepers, garbage trucks, etc.)
- Perform immediate inventory on any stock parts issued, as well as received to accurately track, maintain, and record inventory levels, and notify appropriate personnel of inventory discrepancies
- Work with vendors to order parts using multiple methods including vendor websites, email, and over the phone interactions. Use purchase orders for contracted vendors, or a city provided purchasing credit card for uncontracted vendors to purchase parts. Ensure purchase orders are filled out completely, warranty information is notated, and part costs are accurately recorded
- Accurately reconcile a city issued purchasing credit card on a weekly basis
- Enter new part orders into our inventory management system, updating and adding new part information as needed. Monitor parts on order using daily run reports for fleet vehicles and equipment. Update work orders with estimated times of arrival from vendor or storeroom, and notify appropriate personnel of any changes (delayed shipments, backorders, etc.)
- Communicate frequently with team members at multiple locations in the City and County of Denver to transfer parts from other storerooms, or to have parts picked up from vendors that may not deliver
- Unpack, inspect, and verify quality and quantity of part orders received from vendors and storerooms against a packing list or invoice. Once verified, accurately receive orders into our inventory management system
- Maintain and ensure the security, organization, and cleanliness of the stockroom
- Assist in the training of employees to identify parts, materials, and perform computer functions
- Operate a forklift and use various tools including pallet jacks, carts, and dollies for movement and storage of stock and special-order items
This position is scheduled Monday through Friday, and there are three (3) different shifts that will be discuss during the interview process including; 8:00AM - 4:30PM, 2:30PM - 11:00PM, or 6:30AM - 3:00PM (hours are subject to change based on business needs).About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with automotive and/or heavy equipment parts
- Experience with an inventory management system or another asset management database
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service experience
- A personal drive to be successful
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work with limited supervision
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of experience in an automotive or heavy-duty equipment repair setting, including parts identification receiving, stocking, issuing, and maintaining inventory records of automotive and heavy-duty equipment parts and supplies. A working knowledge of automotive, heavy duty and other mechanical equipment is required.
- Education and Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- License/Certification Requirement: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application
CJ3287 Fleet Parts Specialist II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$18.94 - $28.41
Based on Education and Experience
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here