GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) is an innovative leader in California water management providing a work environment that prioritizes: the safety of employees and the public; diversity and inclusion values; and employees' professional growth and development.
CCWD is seeking a skilled, motivated, and team oriented Human Resources Supervisor
for our Human Resources and Risk Division
. This position will be located at our Concord District Office. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, and deferred compensation plans, plus a great working environment! OUR VALUES:
We are looking for someone who is:
- Safety: We provide, as a top priority, a safe and healthful work environment for our team.
- Trust: We protect the public trust with uncompromising integrity, commitment to our professional standards, full transparency, and fairness in all our business dealings.
- Responsibility: We take ownership for our results and deliver on our performance outcomes to responsibly serve our customers, our community, and our planet.
- Exceptional Service: We value our customers, act in their best interest, and take pride in delivering personalized service.
- Employee Success: We share a meaningful sense of purpose in an environment that strives to offer professional growth, diversity, inclusivity, and work-life balance.
- Teamwork: We engage in respectful, collaborative, trust-based relationships at all levels within the organization and with our business partners.
- Continuous Improvement: We continuously seek opportunities to optimize our business practices and assets by engaging the expertise of our employees and embracing innovation.
- Recognition: We reward the positive contributions of our employees at the organization, team, and individual levels.
- Communication: We strive for open, effective dialogues at all levels of the organization to ensure input is valued and considered and reasons for decisions are explained.
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Committed to continuous growth and improvement
- A role model that personifies integrity and excellence
- Organized and results-driven
- Solutions focused and a creative problem solver
- A highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Customer focused
A few reasons you might enjoy this job:
- Supervising three journey-level human resources analysts and one human resources technician
- Performing specialized and highly complex employee relations work in negotiations, employee discipline, contract (MOU) interpretation and grievance administration
- Supervising recruitment/selection and classification functions
- Assisting the Human Resources and Risk Manager with creating and maintaining policies, goals, and other metrics to measure the effectiveness of the team
- Participating in budget preparation and administration
- Interpreting rules, standards, and procedures
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You are ready to take on supervisory and leadership responsibilities
- You will have the ability to support your community as part of an organization providing vital public service
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment
- Every day brings a variety of work and opportunities
COVID Vaccination Requirement
- You will need to balance conflicting demands from various levels in the department and District
- Your team will have varying levels of expertise, and some may require more support and guidance to be successful
- The flexibility and capability to effectively shift between multiple priorities as new priority assignments arise
It is the District's policy that all persons hired on or after October 4 , 2021 must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before reporting to work and must provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources prior to reporting for work. However, if because of a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, you are not able to be vaccinated, you must notify Human Resources at least ten (10) business days before you are scheduled to report for work so that the District may engage in an interactive process with you to determine what, if any, accommodation is appropriate. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Human Resources.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
For a description of examples of duties, please refer to the job description by visiting the following link: Human Resources Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
For a listing of required qualifications, please refer to the job description by visiting the following link: Human Resources Supervisor
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONPossession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to the next step in the selection process. All candidate materials will be carefully evaluated and only those considered best qualified will be invited to the next step in the selection process
All candidates will be notified of their status via email by no later than Thursday, October 28, 2021.
The Tentative Oral Panel Interview date is scheduled for Thursday, November 4, 2021.
The Tentative Department Panel Interview date is scheduled for Monday, November 8, 2021.
The Tentative Human Resources Team Department Interview date is scheduled for Monday, November 15, 2021.
Applicants requesting reasonable accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process are instructed to contact Human Resources at 925-688-8002. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Contra Costa Water District is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We prohibit discrimination based upon race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other actual or perceived status protected under federal, state, or local law. Employment decisions are based on individual qualifications and performance. DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
One of the many CCWD goals is to pursue organizational excellence through diversity, inclusivity, leadership, and professionalism. We recognize the strengths of staff creativity, innovation, problem-solving, and improved decision-making resulting from diverse perspectives and we strive to be a culturally diverse organization that values, recognizes, and supports inclusion. CONVICTION HISTORY
A condition of employment for all CCWD positions includes successfully passing a Department of Justice Live Scan fingerprint check and completion of the federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. Additionally, in compliance with federal law, CCWD participates in E-Verify. Conviction records are not an automatic bar to District employment, each case is given individual consideration for job relatedness. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All CCWD employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. As such, CCWD employees may be called upon to support the activities of CCWD during an emergency situation.