Description: Department of Management
College of Business and Economics
Assistant Professor in Operations and Supply Chain Management
The Department of Management at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Operations and Supply Chain Management with appointment to begin Fall 2022.
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) is a minority-serving institution and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. CSUF is strongly commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply. Position
CSUF faculty are committed teacher/scholars who bring research and creative discovery to life for students in classrooms, labs, studios, and individually mentored projects. They teach broadly in the curricula of their departments, advise students, and serve on departmental and university-wide committees. The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will include the development and teaching of introductory and core courses in the discipline, and the development of courses in their area(s) of specialization. Specific courses that this person may teach include Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply Management, Service Operations, Project Management, and Logistics Management. This person will also be responsible for producing high quality peer-reviewed journal articles commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities. Required Qualifications
- Prior to the Fall 2022 semester, candidates should complete all requirements for a Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated teaching and research interest/experience in traditional areas of Operations and Supply Chain Management (that may include though not be limited to Operations, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Service Operations, Project Management, Logistics Management)
- Demonstrated teaching and research interest/experience in traditional areas of Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrated a strong record of scholarly accomplishments appropriate to the level of appointment
- Demonstrated ability to balance excellent teaching, scholarship, and service
- Demonstrated potential for effective integration of technology into instruction
- Ability and commitment to work effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, staff, and faculty
- Prior industry experience in related areas
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php
, choose full-time faculty, search for position #505059
, and provide the following required materials:
- cover letter in which you respond to the required qualifications
- curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- exemplary publications, if applicable (in a single PDF file)
- teaching statement
- candidate statement on commitment to inclusive excellence
- This statement provides the candidate's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of this statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- a list of three references with relevant contact information
- Finalists will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Ellen Kim at email@example.com
or call 657-278-8296. Application Deadline
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by October 27, 2021
. The anticipated appointment date is August 17, 2022. The Department of Management
The Department of Management is the largest and most research productive group of management faculty in the entire CSU system. We have 27 tenured and tenure-track faculty, several full-time lecturers and over 50 part-time faculty. Our faculty have published in journals such as Management Science, Production and Operations Management, Decision Science, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, International Journal of Production Economics, European Journal of Operations Research, Journal of Service Research Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Organization Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and Strategic Management Journal, among others. Department faculty are on the editorial boards of the Journal of Service Research, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Group and Organization Management, Human Resource Management, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Journal of Service Management and Academy of Management Learning and Education. The department houses four centers of excellence that engage faculty and students with the business community- The Center for Leadership, the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Center for Family Business, and the Center for Entertainment and Hospitality Management. Our faculty are frequently recognized by the College and University for their teaching, research and service excellence. The Department of Management is strongly commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. College of Business and Economics
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) leads business education on the West Coast. CBE is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at both the undergraduate and master's levels, is among the five largest business colleges in the U.S., and the largest in the Western U.S. CBE houses 14 Centers of Excellence- four of which are affiliated with the Department of Management. With about 250 full-time equivalent faculty and about 9,400 students (including about 600 graduate students), CBE offers Bachelors' degrees in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Entertainment & Tourism, Finance, Operations & Supply Chain Management, General Management, Human Resources Management, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Marketing, and International Business. CBE offers MBA degrees in a variety of concentrations, an MA degree in Economics, and MS degrees in Taxation, Accountancy, Information Systems, Information Technology, and Financial Engineering. CBE also offers a graduate certificate in HRM with plans to offer an MS degree in HRM. CBE is strongly commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. For more information about the College visit: http://business.fullerton.edu/
. Additional Information
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled