Under basic supervision, leads the planning and construction of a variety of Municipal Park development projects, including planning, design, and project management issues. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Performs experienced professional work of technical difficulty in the planning and construction of park development projects, including planning, scope, budgets, funding, and design; reviews and approves designs, specifications, estimates and bid documents; prepares maps, graphics, and reports.
- Provides comprehensive technical and professional planning services; assures project plans are in compliance with state and federal regulations and City codes, policies and procedures.
- Supervises construction projects, maintains records, inspects worksites, and approves payments, coordinates projects with City departments, regional government agencies and utilities.
- Supervises staff, develops priorities, and assigns tasks and projects; develops staff skills and training plans and conducts performance evaluations; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, workload, technical and recordkeeping issues.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.
Physical Demands Light Work:
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, or Urban Planning.
- Five years' park planning experience including supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Landscape Architect designation by Texas Board of Architectural Examiners.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.