Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4) college or university with major coursework in related discipline or certificate in graphic design, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
None. Notes to Applicants Purpose:
Assists with consistent branding, promotion, and dissemination of information related to COVID -19.When public health responds to an emergency, you may be assigned activities that are outside your regular job description. This may involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with possible deployment to locations other than Austin Public Health. Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in perceiving and reacting sensitively to the needs of others.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of required HIPPA and other Texas privacy laws.
- Application of good knowledge of current cultural, social, economic and public health issues and community demographics.
- Interacts with clients, community partners and co-workers with fairness and equity and deliver services free of bias or prejudice.
- Ensure the health and safety of the community within ability and resources and treat the diverse customers with thoughtful listening and respect.
This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or fail to check your inbox in a timely manner.
Any Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) needed will be provided.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days. Pay Range
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00 pm Job Close Date
11/07/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary
Temporary (No benefits) Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Grant Funded Category
Bergstrom Tech - 6800 Burleson Rd Austin, TX Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Experience planning and developing promotional, marketing, advertising or communications materials through all phases of development and production.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Creates comprehensive design strategies and packages tailored to customer needs Designs and produces websites, motion graphics, style guides, advertisements, promotional materials, print collateral, illustrations, logos, and photography for a wide variety of marketing materials and platforms Assists with web and social media presence, development, appearance and updates Monitors and coordinates all stages of production to complete projects Advises and consults with vendors producing bid specifications, documentation, and contracts for vendors Assists in the planning and development of digital advertising, promotional campaigns and strategies Acts as art director and liaison for individual projects and client programs Assists with the development of long range strategic marketing plans Researches best practices, emerging technology, user behavior, interface content, and industry and cultural trends Acts as a steward of the brand look and feel and ensures that all creative broadcast across all channels lives up to the highest quality of the City's visual standards Collaborates with stakeholders to effectively drive communications and to ensure consistency of brand identity Works within the content management system to implement and maintain a consistent and engaging visual web presence Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of marketing practices and procedures, design principles, and media industries
- Knowledge of content management systems; Drupal experience preferred.
- Knowledge of current and emerging web publishing standards and best practices related to accessibility, usability and writing for the web
- Knowledge of multimedia formats related to audio, video, and interactive technologies
- Knowledge of user-centered design process, specifically related to accessibility and Web standards
- Skill in design, illustrations, infographics and data visualizations
- Skill in typography, color and layout composition
- Skill in analytical and conceptual approaches to design
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in project management to assist project managers in work estimates and planning
- Ability to craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions from concept to completion while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and schedules
- Ability to work on projects of all scales and types, both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public as well as to work collaboratively with marketing, development, and project management specialists
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Ability to articulate design rationale, user-understanding and empathy and an understanding of brand
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4) college or university with major coursework in related discipline or certificate in graphic design, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience related to the job. Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
* If selected as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background investigation?
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
* Please describe your experience planning and developing promotional, marketing, advertising or communications materials through all phases of development and production.
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you available to work after-hours/weekends as needed, including but not limited to incident-response and project-work?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents