About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
The DEN Special Projects team is looking for an experienced project manager to manage design and construction projects associated with the Great Hall Completion Program and/or DEN's Baggage Handling System Program. All projects are high-value, complex and critical to the airport's success. You will succeed in this position by demonstrating your experience and knowledge in vertical, commercial construction and by building trust and cooperation with the project team and stakeholders.
You need to be well-adept in:
- Creating, analyzing, and maintaining project schedules and budgets
- Managing design and construction contract agreements
- Utilizing various project delivery methods
- Planning, defining, and measuring project performance through reporting
- Construction safety management
- Proactively identifying, prioritizing, and mitigating project risks
- Understanding and applying emotional intelligence to your work environment
- Identifying and implementing innovations to improve project and team performance
We are looking for candidates that are flexible, adaptable and excel at building relationships with stakeholders. In addition, we are looking for candidates with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing large scale construction or conveyance projects
- Experience in the architectural, engineering and/or construction management industries
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong education and/or experience backgrounds
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Public Administration, or a related field
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional project management experience in the related occupational group including planning, managing, and scheduling projects and preparing and reviewing contract documents.
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CA2293 Project Manager II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$97,217.00 - $160,408.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here