Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - HEALTH CARE FINANCING & POLICY
Business Unit: HR-HEALTH CARE FIN & POLICY
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 36
Salary Range: $53,598.96 - $79,719.84
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: LISA D FRIEND
Phone: 775 684-0110
This opening is for a Health Care Coordinator 4-Supervisor within the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) District Office, in Las Vegas.
Under the direction of the Social Services Manager III, District Office Manager, incumbents supervise positions in the Health Care Coordinator classification series, other journey level professionals, and support personnel including hiring, evaluating performance, and administering disciplinary action. Incumbents plan and organize unit operations; develop procedures and guidelines; coordinate staff activities; evaluate the quality and quantity of work performed; prepare reports and recommendations to management including requested revisions to Care Coordination and Customer Service procedures; plan, arrange and/or provide training to staff members and providers; schedule and participate in monthly unit meetings as well as individual supervision with staff on a regular basis; attend and participate in management meetings with the District Office Manager on a bi-weekly basis; tracking and trending of Customer Service issues that arise and reporting such issues to Central Office; create and maintain a calendar to ensure coverage of the Customer Service Line for Southern Nevada and the Las Vegas District Office Front Desk; represent the agency, as delegated, on various boards, committees, and forums; participate in community events in order to promote Medicaid programs; assist with budgetary recommendations such as staffing, travel and program needs.
The travel requirements for this position are less than 25%.
Nevada offers sunshine and recreational opportunities including golfing, biking, off-roading, hiking, skiing, and fishing. Nevada's landscape and economy are a few reasons to join the Silver State workforce! Additional benefits include: medical, dental, life and disability insurance programs; participation in the public employees' retirement plan; 11 paid holidays; and accrual of 3 weeks of annual and 3 weeks of sick leave each year. DHCFP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), or gender.
- Licensure as a Social Worker or professional licensure or certification in a medical specialty applicable to the assignment, and three years of experience providing case management services in a social or health related field, one year of which included the interpretation and application of Medicaid policies and procedures, coordinating reviews and services, training staff and reviewing complex cases; OR licensure and an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Professional licensure or certification as a social worker, nurse or in a medical specialty issued by the appropriate licensing board in the State of Nevada at the time of appointment. Incumbents must maintain professional licensure or certification in their specialty as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas