Department: DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
Division: ADMIN - ENTERPRISE IT SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-AGENCY IT SERVICES
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 38
Salary Range: $58,380.48 - $87,320.16
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
This is an IT Professional 2 position in Enterprise Information Technology Services, Agency IT Services, Database Administration at 333 W. Nye Lane, Carson City, NV. This position serves on a team of database administrators and provides primary level SQL Server and Oracle database administrator support in a complex, multi-user, multi-department, 24x7 mission-critical environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, database monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery management, change management, schema design, data migrations, upgrades, and database and operating system scripting in multiple Windows and Unix operating systems. This position also provides secondary level backup database administrator support for other DBAs on the team. Other responsibilities include providing professional customer service, project leadership and coordination, training, and personal ongoing professional development.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and two years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, and/or applications analysis and development; OR two years of experience as an IT Professional I in Nevada State service; OR four years of relevant technical experience as an IT Technician IV or above in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Experience as a DBA in either Oracle, SQL Server, or similar RDBMS is required.
Proficiency in structured query language (SQL), database backup/recovery, security, monitoring, patching, migration/upgrades, etc. is required.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Travel up to 25% of the time is required.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- This position may be required to work Nights/Weekends/Holidays; Standby/Call Back and/or Flexible/Rotating Shifts.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno