Department: DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM AND CULTURAL AFFAIRS
Division: DTCA - NEVADA ARTS COUNCIL
Business Unit: HR-NEVADA ARTS COUNCIL
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 33
Salary Range: $47,188.80 - $69,739.20
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
This is a Cultural/Natural Resource Specialist 2 position for the Department of Tourism. This position is available to be filled in the Las Vegas or Carson City office.
The Artist Services Program Specialist develops, manages, and coordinates short and long-term programs, services, and partnerships of the Artist Services Program of the Nevada Arts Council. Serving all regions of the state, the Artist Services Program meets the needs of Nevada's creative workforce in conjunction with the mission and goals of the Nevada Arts Council by addressing the needs of literary, performing, and visual artists and the cultural communities in Nevada and educating the public about the state's diverse contemporary artists.
The position's responsibilities include collaborating with the Artist Service Program Specialist on program development, assessment, reporting and budget management, grant opportunities, individualized technical assistance, professional development, and skills training to artists on a wide variety of topics. The position assists in the maintenance of statistical information on Artist Services grants, services and constituents for agency databases, state and federal reports, and various agency publications. The position serves as a state liaison to state, regional, and national organizations, within the program area. This includes but is not limited to National Endowment for the Arts, National Assembly States Arts Agencies and Western States Arts Federation.
The position works collaboratively with other Arts Council Program staff to develop comprehensive agency planning, outreach, and professional development services and provide technical assistance services to meet the mission and goals of the agency.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in studio art, dance, theater, photography, folklife, communications, architecture, English, creative writing or related field and one year of professional level experience which involved general arts administration, management of an arts program, folklore studies or comparable experience in a public or non-profit setting which included managing and administering arts programs and grants; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of professional experience which involved working with a non-profit arts or cultural organization, a public arts or cultural agency or comparable experience in a public or non-profit setting which included managing and administrating arts programs and grants; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience; OR one year of experience as a Cultural/Natural Resource Specialist I in Nevada State service.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- The ability to travel 50% of time is required.
- A valid drivers license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno