JOB SUMMARYPosition is open until filled with first review of applications on October 8, 2021 JOB SUMMARY
Participates in maintaining the City's water/wastewater systems and related equipment; operates various types of maintenance equipment and tools; prepares maintenance records; assists other City departments; and performs other related duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Repairs and maintains water & wastewater mains, service lines, fire hydrants, water meters, valves, manholes and cleanouts; installs new water/wastewater service lines; maintains chemical sites used to manage grease control; installs and maintains water meters and the Automated Metering Infrastructure; performs valve exercising, main flushing, and fire hydrant maintenance; performs CCTV video inspections of wastewater mains, manholes and service lines; utilizes Global Positioning Equipment (GPS) to provide updates to water and wastewater information. Performs work order data entry into computerized work order system.
- Operates and maintains assigned departmental vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Provides assistance to other City departments as required.
- Works to acquire necessary licenses and certifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- This position works under general supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Class D Water or Class I Wastewater Collection certification is required within two (2) years of employment. Class I Wastewater Collection and Class C Water Distribution certifications are required within 4 years of employment.
- A Class "A" Commercial Driver's License is required within six (6) months of employment.
- Must be able to respond within 1 hour for emergency calls.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to perform after hours standby duties.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- One (1) year related maintenance/equipment operation experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to read/comprehend training/ repair manuals, quadrangle maps, and material safety data sheets.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments and personnel, contractors, vendors, and the general public.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 80 pounds occasionally. Subject to vision and hearing constantly; standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching and handling frequently; sitting, fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, balancing, talking and foot controls occasionally.
Working conditions involve occasional exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions, vehicle traffic, heavy equipment, open trenches, confined spaces, hazardous chemicals, and infectious diseases. Utilizes confined space equipment or other personal protective equipment as required. Safety Sensitive Position.