JOB SUMMARYPosition is open until filled with next review of applications on October 26, 2021. JOB SUMMARY
Assists with coordinating stormwater activities for the City's stormwater system division. Under supervision of Stormwater Coordinator position; monitors provisions of the City's MS4 permit; prepares reports for submittal to regulatory agencies; provides training programs for areas of responsibility; monitors post construction stormwater inspection program.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists with implementation of the City's MS4 program:
- Gathers information for annual reports submitted to TCEQ regarding the MS4 program.
- Maintains files and records for all EPA and TCEQ inspections and audits; responds to EPA/TCEQ notices regarding inspections and audit activities; helps facilitate the timely correction of deficiencies as required.
- Conducts field investigations/inspections related to construction inspections, Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination investigations, facilities inspections, and other duties identified by the Storm Water Management Plan.
- Post Construction BMP inspection program:
- Maintains records of BMP inspections.
- Conducts follow up inspections of BMPs to ensure compliance
- Composes, mails, and tracks enforcement documentation.
- MS4 Public Education, Outreach and Involvement requirements:
- Prepares presentations, slides, and required MS4 documentation.
- Can provide education and outreach to residents, businesses, contractors, etc. to meet MS4 Stormwater Management Plan requirements.
- Develops new stormwater outreach materials such as PSAs, brochures, website content, etc.
- Assists Stormwater Coordinator with following administrative duties including:
- Tracks MS4 education and outreach campaigns to residents, businesses, and city staff.
- Responds to public inquiries, concerns, and complaints regarding stormwater system matters.
- Responds to emergency situations as required.
- Works with other divisions and/or departments as necessary or instructed.
- Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- This position works under general supervision.
- A high school diploma and two years of college course work in Environmental science, Geographic Information System, or a related field is required.
- Two years progressive experience in environmental compliance with a focus on stormwater permitting, stormwater utility operations and/or stormwater utility maintenance or related field.
- A commensurate combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) within 3rd year of employment
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, or related field is preferred
- GIS Experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to interpret and apply environmental regulations and municipal ordinances; must be able to review/prepare inspection/audit records and other departmental documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments and personnel, outside agencies, industrial users, local businesses, and the general public.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds rarely. Subject to fine dexterity, vision and hearing constantly; sitting and talking frequently; standing, walking, handling and foot controls occasionally; lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing and balancing occasionally.
Working conditions involve occasional exposure to stormwater, rough terrain and confined spaces when conducting field operations. Safety Sensitive Position.