** 10/8/2021 recruitment updated to continuous** THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. PLANNING AND BUILDING DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Planning and Building Department is to guide land use and development consistent with the General Plan, Building Codes, and related regulations, by providing accurate, timely, and courteous professional and technical services to our customers, to maintain the County's unique quality of life, protect public safety and the environment and to promote economic vitality for current and future generations. THE OPPORTUNITY
Under general supervision, Development Aides provide information regarding and processes various applications for land use, grading, structures, underground storage tanks, septic, health and similar applications throughout the County. They receive and route plans and documents for review; issue permits; calculate fees; and perform a variety of office support work. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Review and conduct preliminary checking of basic maps, plans, applications and similar documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to requirements.
- Research and assemble information from a variety of sources, including historical records, maps, legal property descriptions, databases, online or computer-based applications, and related source information.
- Calculate fees; collect and account for fees and issues receipts.
- Verify that required applications, insurances, and documentation, or similar criterion have been met or obtained.
- Issue permits as required, following specific guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records and files; enter and retrieve data and prepare documents or reports using an online or personal computer system.
- Provide information to applicants and others regarding policy and procedure, how to correct deficiencies in original document submission, and the process for re-application.
- Receive and screen a variety of visitors and callers to the office location; provide factual information, answer inquiries and route callers to the proper person.
- Type forms, reports, correspondence, specialized documents, and other materials, using a typewriter, word processor or personal computer; proofread and check typed material for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with departmental policies and regulation and correct English usage.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here . Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Development Aide I:
One year of experience in general clerical, office support or secretarial work. Development Aide II:
In addition to the above, one year of experience in reviewing and processing permits and providing information to the public at a level equivalent to the County's class of Development Aide I. Licenses and Certifications:
Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California or Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Development Aide I/II. This recruitment will establish a list for extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. We currently have the following vacancies:
Two (2) extra help vacancies in Placerville, CAExtra help vacancies are made to maintain adequate coverage of work for short periods of time at frequent intervals, where employment is of a recurrent nature depending on the needs of the Agency; work may be seasonal, on-call, and/or for a limited duration. Extra help employees are not considered regular employees, therefore do not attain civil service status, and do not receive benefits or paid leaves; however, they do accrue sick leave consistent with the law.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accep t'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Monique Heredia in Human Resources at email@example.com RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After the screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%): A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete.
For more information on the recruitment process click here .
Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current California Department of Public Health (CDPH), State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous