Position Description PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Thursday, September 30, 2021at 11:59pm
Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 21/60B21/09CR. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is seeking to fill permanent full time and Temporary Hospital Psychiatric Social Worker II positions.
The Hospital Psychiatric Social Worker II is the advanced level position for the Psychiatric Social Worker series. Candidates appointed to the Hospital Psychiatric Social Worker II level are expected to perform high quality psychiatric assessments, diagnosis and clinical interventions to mental health patients. The incumbent will work in the Emergency Services Department with Mental Health patients.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Conducts advanced level psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and clinical interventions for group and individual services.
- Performs initial diagnostic evaluation noting behavioral symptoms, which may indicate organic and/or mental disorders in adults and children and in interpersonal/family dysfunctions related to child and adult patients.
- Determines and develops appropriate clinical treatment and service plans.
- Conducts individual, group and family counseling/therapy/support sessions for patients toward the goal of achieving more adequate, satisfying and productive life adjustments in the community and provide case management/linkage services as appropriate.
- Participates in developing individual and group treatment plans utilizing a variety of psychotherapeutic, psychosocial and psycho educational modalities that meet the standards set by the Behavioral Health/State Quality Assurance Standard.
- Makes consumer referrals and coordinates discharge plans.
- Assesses progress of consumers on a selected basis and proposes modifications to rehabilitation plans in order to meet the service plan goals agreed upon by the patient, youth or family.
- Prepares and maintains psychosocial assessments for use in diagnostic evaluations and patient progress and desired outcomes.
- May assist in providing clinical supervision to unlicensed interns if the Psychiatric Social Worker has completed the BBS approved Supervisory Training course.
- Collects, coordinates and evaluates additional medical and psychosocial data such as treatment plans, behavioral patterns and family relationships.
- Analyzes factors which exert an adverse effect upon health problems, treatment, or recovery, or which may contribute to or are responsible for mental illness or affect the potential for rehabilitation.
- Work as a psychiatric team member with other treatment disciplines.
- Provides consultation and education services.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursuant to the California Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5751.2 (a) possess Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or Licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of California issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- In accordance with HIPAA, incumbent must have applied for or have a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Comply with California licensure requirements as outlined by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
The skills necessary may be acquired through various types of education, training, and/or experience, typically: Education:
Possession of a Master's Degree from an accredited School of Social Work and licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Clinical Counselor in the State of California issued by the State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners (BBSE). THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities is required: Thorough Knowledge of
Skill and Ability to
- Current philosophy, principles, and evidence based practices for services to consumers with serious mental illness or severe emotional disturbance.
- Individual, group and family psychodynamics as they relate to adults or children.
- Psychiatric diagnostic methods and terminology.
- Personality and human development from infancy through adulthood.
- Public Mental Health Policy and Welfare and Institutions Codes that provides guidelines for human and health services systems in the County.
- Community resources available to consumers for linkage.
- Provide treatment to adults, children or adolescents with various mental disabilities ranging from serious mental illness to dysfunctional behavior patterns including victims of sexual and physical abuse.
- Provide services utilizing evidence based practice skills.
- Lead treatment planning meetings for clinical staff.
- In conjunction with the consumer, develop realistic, attainable and measurable service plans and facilitate their attainment.
- Evaluate the degree of community functioning and/or emotional distress of consumers.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing and able to complete work using electronic format.
- Ensure time sensitive documentation submitted with established guidelines.
- Provide consultation and mentor staff on best practices.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to agencies, schools and other organizations.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
- Completed Covid-19 vaccine required prior to start.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com . Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical.
The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST
: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.