Description: Position Summary
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director of Operations-Event Management, the Bus Driver will support and enhance the mission of the San Diego State University Athletic Department. The incumbent will be responsible for driving athletic teams to various locations in the Southern California region using the department-owned 14-passenger shuttle buses.
For more information regarding SDSU Athletics, please click here
. Education and Experience
Equivalent to one year of paid or regularly assigned driving experience, preferably involving bus driving or chauffeuring, or other experience driving passenger-carrying vehicles. Licenses and Certifications Required
- Maintain valid California Class B driver's license
- Approved medical certificate as required by California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Maintain a good driving record as defined according to UCAM 6562, which requires each employee to certify s/he had been issued not more than three moving violations or been responsible for more than three accidents (or any combination of more than three thereof) during the past 12 months.
- Equivalent to two years of paid bus driving experience preferably involving team sports.
- High school diploma
- Valid California Class B driver's license along with an approved medical certificate as required by California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A good driving record as defined according to UCAM 6562, which requires each employee to certify the driver had been issued not more than three moving violations or been responsible for more than three accidents (or any combination of more than three thereof) during the past 12 months.
Starting salary upon appointment is not expected to exceed $18.62 per hour. CSU Classification Salary Range: $18.62 - $33.69 per hour. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources. SDSU COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
In accordance with the California State University systemwide policy, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a valid medical or religious exemption in order to access campus. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of a two-shot vaccine or two weeks after the first dose of a single-shot vaccine.
The individual hired into this role will be required to submit their completed vaccination documentation to the university's secure online health portal prior to beginning work. Individuals with an approved medical or religious exemption on file with the university will be required to participate in SDSU's COVID-19 testing program. Supplemental Information
Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled