Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance. or a related field, plus four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
None. Notes to Applicants Purpose:
Serve as advertising lead for Austin Public Health.When public health responds to an emergency, you may be assigned activities that are outside your regular job description. This may involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with possible deployment to locations other than Austin Public Health.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in perceiving and reacting sensitively to the needs of others.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of required HIPPA and other Texas privacy laws.
- Application of good knowledge of current cultural, social, economic and public health issues and community demographics.
- Interacts with clients, community partners and co-workers with fairness and equity and deliver services free of bias or prejudice.
- Ensure the health and safety of the community within ability and resources and treat the diverse customers with thoughtful listening and respect.
This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or fail to check your inbox in a timely manner.
Any Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) needed will be provided.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days. Pay Range
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm Job Close Date
11/07/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary
Temporary (No benefits) Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Grant Funded Category
Bergstrom Tech - 6800 Burleson Rd Austin, TX Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Experience monitoring a program which includes budgeting, tracking program trends and generating reports
- Research and/or market research experience.
- Experience developing and implementing short- and long-range market planning/strategies.
Develops and maintains budget for projects. Develops and evaluates long-range market planning/strategies. Works with neighborhood associations, community leaders, political action groups, and other interested groups with on-going projects. Uses graphic design principles to support marketing communication campaigns. Conducts market research and needs assessment surveys, and maintains research and client databases. Researches requests for information. Initiates, designs, and manages the development of promotional campaigns. Acts as representative for programs. Manages and plans projects/accounts. Conducts presentations, tours, and public education programs. Evaluates effectiveness of programs. Provides marketing consultation to clients. Works with outside vendors (media buying, print buying, etc.). Develops contracts, surveys, documentation, and forms. Maintains Web content; and develops digital advertising, promotional campaigns, and strategies. Writes, edits, and follows up on news releases. Coordinates, writes, and edits internal and external information/data. Develops and generates reports. Provides and develops graphic designs. Bears responsibility for larger individual projects or acts as an account representative for client programs. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
May lead and provide training and guidance to others.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of market strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to write and conduct research.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train and lead others.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The minimum qualifications for this position are graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance. or a related field, plus four (4) years of relevant experience. Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
* If selected as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background investigation?
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
* How many years of experience do you have monitoring a program which includes budgeting, tracking program trends and generating reports?
- Less than 3 years
- More than 3 years but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years
* Do you have research or market research experience?
* Describe your experience developing and implementing short- and long-range market planning/strategies.
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you available to work after-hours/weekends as needed, including but not limited to incident-response and project-work?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents