About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Our Recreation Division operates 31 recreation centers offering affordable facilities, programs and activities to residents and visitors year-round. Our recreation centers offer over 1,000 organized classes including: aquatics, arts and crafts, cultural and social activities, fitness and sports, health, special events, tours and more. Our activities are organized for children, youth, adults, seniors, and special needs groups for maximum enjoyment. Participants may enroll in classes, use facilities on a day basis or purchase a monthly/yearly membership. You can learn more about us at our Recreation home page
Denver Parks and Recreation is looking to hire Recreation Assistants for their 31 recreation centers located throughout the City and County of Denver. These roles perform a variety of functions in helping our recreation centers run smoothly from clerical to customer service to facility work. This is a true entry level opportunity for first-time employees as well as individuals looking to make a direct impact in the community.
Recreation Assistants will complete the following tasks:
- Assists with monitoring the day-to-day operations of a recreation center or a specific program area.
- Helps with recreation activities such as sports, games, classes, outdoor activities, child care and special events.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of a Recreation Center.
- Maintains order amongst participants and spectators and attempts to resolve disputes that arise.
- Assists with the set up and take down of equipment for facility rentals, activities or special events.
- Assists with front desk operations which include greeting customers, answering phone calls and providing customers with membership information.
- By position, assists with keeping and announcing the score of sports activities and maintains accurate participant records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Any one position may not include all of the duties listed. However, the allocation of positions will be determined by the amount of time spent in performing the essential duties listed above.
This is a part-time (on-call) position that is paid at $15.00/hour. Hours are dependent on schedule and needs and will equal no more than 30 hours per week. We are looking for candidates who have availability for a minimum of one shift during weekend hours.
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules. About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Customer Service experience, experience interacting with customers in person or on the phone
- Experience answering phones
- Retail experience (using a cash register, taking care of transactions)
- An ability to work with a diverse group of customers including youth
- A willingness to learn and excel
- Ability to work a minimum of one weekend shift a week highly preferred
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you possess the following minimum requirements:
About Everything Else
- Education: None
- Experience: None
- Licensures/Certification(s): Must be at least 14 years of age at the time of application. Requires certification in CPR/First Aid at the time of application or within six months hire date. Licensure and certification must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalencies: None
RG2909 Recreation Assistant
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$15.00 - $20.62
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here