Minimum Qualifications Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required: Notes to Applicants
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
The purpose of this position is to provide team lead/command support to the COVID -19 Community Vaccine sites. This position can serve in a number of different capacities like: Operations, Planning, Logistics, Incident Command, and others. Length of position is unknown at this time.
The community testing sites are in various locations throughout the City of Austin to include :
Little Walnut Creek Library (North)
835 W. Rundberg
Southeast Library (South)
5802 Nuckols Crossing
AND MANY OTHERS !
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in perceiving and reacting sensitively to the needs of others
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of required HIPPA and other Texas privacy laws
- Application of good knowledge of current cultural, social, economic and public health issues and community demographics
- Interacts with clients, community partners and co-workers with fairness and equity and deliver services free of bias or prejudice.
- Ensure the health and safety of the community within ability and resources and treat the diverse customers with thoughtful listening and respect.
This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required. When public health responds to an emergency, you may be assigned activities that are outside your regular job description. This may involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with possible deployment to locations other than Austin Public Health.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or fail to check your inbox in a timely manner.
Any Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) will be provided.
This work will be performed in an outdoor environment with possible exposure to inclement weather and various temperature changes.
Must be able to stand on feet for up to 2 hours at a time.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days. Pay Range
$21.85 - $27.86 Hours
Days and hours will vary;
Will require work outside of normal business hours to include some evenings and weekends. Applicants must be flexible as we need coverage for various shifts. Please include your availability in the supplemental question section of your application. Job Close Date
11/05/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary
Temporary (No benefits) Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Grant Funded Category
Varies-see notes to applicants Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Previous experience working as part of an emergency response
- Previous experience working within an Incident Command Structure ( ICS )
- Completion of ICS trainings
Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues. Initiates the resolution of customer service issues. Recommends, anticipates, resolves, and facilitates improvements to service delivery deficiencies. Coordinates and trains personnel in effective communication/customer service/service delivery topics. Provides information to citizens, individually and in groups, regarding organization, service array, operations, laws, policies and procedures. Communicates with department, city public information and public education staff to promote core information/issue themes on community-wide level. Assists in policy/procedure development and implementation processes. Produces memos, letters, reports, other written material, or audio/visual material. Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
None. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, procedure, statutes, and ordinances.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position? Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
* If identified as the top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background investigation?
* Due to working in high risk areas, applicants applying for this position must comply with the departments immunization policy as a condition of employment. Can you meet this requirement?
- Yes, I will comply to the vaccinations required by the APH department
- No, I cannot meet this requirement
* Select the statement that best describes your English/Spanish bilingual fluency level.
- I speak both English and Spanish fluently
- I speak some Spanish
- I understand some Spanish
- I am fluent in English only
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
* If you answered yes to the question above, please describe your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please list the days and hours you are available to work.
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you available to work after-hours/weekends as needed, including but not limited to incident-response and project-work?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Resume Optional Documents Cover Letter