Minimum Qualifications Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- One (1) year experience related to janitorial or grounds keeping services.
Notes to Applicants Purpose:
- If assigned to operate vehicles, must possess the appropriate Texas Driver's License for those vehicles.
The purpose of this position is to provide custodial services at one or more bridge shelters for individuals experiencing homelessness. The Bridge Shelter Housekeeper
will provide laundry services, clean common areas, collect trash, ensure facilities are clean and sanitized, and notify the appropriate chain of command if facilities are damaged or in need of repairs.When public health responds to an emergency, you may be assigned activities that are outside your regular job description. This may involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with possible deployment to locations other than Austin Public Health.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Skill in perceiving and reacting sensitively to the needs of others
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of required HIPPA and other Texas privacy laws
* Application of good knowledge of current cultural, social, economic and public health issues and community demographics
* Interacts with clients, community partners and co-workers with fairness and equity and deliver services free of bias or prejudice.
* Ensure the health and safety of the community within ability and resources and treat the diverse customers with thoughtful listening and respect.
This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or fail to check your inbox in a timely manner.
Any Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) needed will be provided.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.Pay Range
Sunday - Saturday.
Multiple Shifts Available. Job Close Date
11/04/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary
Temporary Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
7400 N. IH 35 Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Experience completing tasks to ensure overall quality.
- Ability to identify tasks that if completed, would benefit the guests.
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance with limited supervision.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
Clean building interiors. Collect Trash. Provide laundry services. Clean common areas and ensure facilities are well kept and sanitary. Train new employees to perform basic job duties. Perform other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others.
- Skill in learning simple tasks.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Knowledge of equipment used in janitorial, grounds keeping, or other related work.
- Ability to train others.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires at least one year experience related to janitorial or grounds keeping services, do you meet this requirement?
* If identified as the top candidate; do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation?
* Due to working in high risk areas, applicants applying for this position must comply with the departments immunization policy. Can you meet this requirement?
- Yes, I will comply to the vaccinations required by the EMS department
- No, I cannot meet this requirement
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
* If you answered yes to the previous question, please explain below.
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you available to work after-hours/weekends as needed, including but not limited to incident-response and project-work?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents Resume